HFW5231E-Z5E vs HFW5231E-Z12E

Amp Park

n3wb
Reaction score
How to choose between these two cameras? I have an open 90'x100' side year and would like to cover as much, was thinking about installing one at the back corner of the house. I have attached a drawing of the house and yard and 5 locations where I have Cat6A cables installed. Obviously the locations of Ethernet cables weren't chosen by any measurement or any type of calculation when house was being built about one year ago and feel like should have done little more research before committing these locations for Ethernet cable termination but it is too late now. Anyway based on the attached drawing can you make a recommendation. As you can see on the drawing two cables are terminated on the back of the house exactly at two corners. The one of the lest facing main road is above the garage door and the one on front is right near main entry door. So I was thinking of doing two bullets (HFW5231E-Z5E or Z12E) and three turrets (HDW5231E-ZE) but I can't decide between HFW5231E-Z5E vs HFW5231E-Z12E. Considering the rough measurements can you recommend?

Attachments

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a few thoughts to mention.
1. the Z5 is a good camera, but in every case that i can think of (except the $10 savings), the Z12 is more useful, as it can zoom out further (wide angle) as well as zoom in, having over 2x the zoom range.
2. decide where you can get an ID shot (100ppf) and set those camera up first.
3. use aprox 90 (87) deg overview cameras at the corners of interest. these can be the turret or a fixed focus starlight.
4. I have never gotten the camera location perfect on my first try. good, but i always seem to want to move it a bit for one reason or another.
5. It is usually fairly easy to extend and move the Ethernet ends to where you want after they are outside and close.