Hfw-1320s-w WiFi issue

Midge

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have this camera set up and in the dahua tool when connected to Ethernet it shows 2 IP addresses for this camera. One wired and one WiFi. When I disconnect I can see this camera on the WiFi through the WiFi IP but it drops out after 5-10 minutes. Any ideas?

Please don’t give me hell for the cheap purchase I have 2 other camera’s by dahua on Poe that work great with no issues. Due to the structure of my 2 story house running ethernet though the subfloor with no crawl space required extensive drilling and drywall repair. I chose the WiFi to avoid that. I have several other lower end foscam WiFi camera’s that I have set up and have no issues other than the poor quality video. I though this would be a good replacement.

I figured out the power cord issue. I am using a converter that outputs 12v at 2a and I got it powered up. Cam would not power using Poe in my switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can make any camera Wi-Fi by using a cheap wireless bridge or use powerline.

Midge

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it work if it is the same room as the wifi router ?
Yes as of now I have it working fine. So the WiFi never drops out but if you power it down and plug it back in it will not connect and I can’t see it in the dahua tool or on my router connections. I ran a 150 foot Ethernet cord to the mount location and connected it. Unplugged the Ethernet and it’s been running since no drop out. If I unplug the power i have to climb the ladder again to get it connected

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not understand.... Unplug the power to get it connected.

Are you saying that if the wifi camera disconnects from the wifi, the only way to get it to reconnect is power it down, then up.
How often does this occur?
Are all the IP address static ?
Is the camera on it's own separate wifi Sid / network not shared with non cameras.

Please note that wifi will drop off daily, do to Interferance from other sources. The distance seems to be far between the camera and the router.
Consider using a power line adapter for Ethernet. Or run a cable.
In my experience outside wifi does not work.

Midge

n3wb
Reaction score
When the camera is set up with Ethernet cord I can disconnect the Ethernet. Now if I unplug the camera to move it or it powers down at anytime I can not get it to connect on WiFi unless I connect Ethernet again and then disconnect Ethernet. I have it inside my router is on the second story. WiFi signal strength is good. I have never had this issue with a WiFi camera. Usually you can unplug and plug them if the house looses power they come back when the power is back. I set the ip to static.