Hey ya'll, I'm a NEWB here.....

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Greetings from the distant land locked state called Tennessee.

Not a total NEWB to cameras and NVR's, been tinkering with them for years. I think I actually still own a copy of BI from a few years ago on one of my MS machines sitting unplugged in the corner of the man cave.

I started out with a Foscam camera...........:wtf:

I took the plunge on my first real PTZ camera and bought a Hikvision. Here is what I currently have: (subject to change at any moment)

1-Hikvision DS-2DE7530IW-AE IP PTZ 5MP
1-Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE IP PTZ 4MP
1-Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-I IP Fixed 8MP
1-Hikvision DS-7604NI-Q1/4P Network NVR
2-Netgear GS108PE POE Switches
1-Netgear RS400 Router
1-Mac Mini
1-No Name 4 Axis Network keyboard with color display (It sits in the corner most of the time)
1-Partridge in a Pear Tree

The 5MP PTZ camera I ran for several years with it recording to Xeoma software NVR on a Mac-Mini. It worked ok, but the latency was a bit too much for my liking and it kind of taxed my MAC Mini with it running 24/7.

I am here to read, learn and maybe help someone who needs assistance with a issue I have already worked through....the hard way.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from the distant land locked state called Tennessee.

Not a total NEWB to cameras and NVR's, been tinkering with them for years. I think I actually still own a copy of BI from a few years ago on one of my MS machines sitting unplugged in the corner of the man cave.

I started out with a AMCREST camera...........:wtf:

I took the plunge on my first real PTZ camera and bought a Hikvision. Here is what I currently have: (subject to change at any moment)

1-Hikvision DS-2DE7530IW-AE IP PTZ 5MP
1-Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE IP PTZ 4MP
1-Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-I IP Fixed 8MP
1-Hikvision DS-7604NI-Q1/4P Network NVR
2-Netgear GS108PE POE Switches
1-Netgear RS400 Router
1-Mac Mini
1-No Name 4 Axis Network keyboard with color display (It sits in the corner most of the time)
1-Partridge in a Pear Tree

The 5MP PTZ camera I ran for several years with it recording to Xeoma software NVR on a Mac-Mini. It worked ok, but the latency was a bit too much for my liking and it kind of taxed my MAC Mini with it running 24/7.

I am here to read, learn and maybe help someone who needs assistance with a issue I have already worked through....the hard way.
Welcome @Smilingreen

Good to have you join us