Hey All new to the system

ESciullo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all.
New to the system bought a Lorex LNR6108 with 8 KNB8105X cameras..
Trying to understand why some of the cameras are at different versions and how to upgrade..
Plus I also found out that the system I purchase is approx 4 years old.. Wondering is there any hope with this system?

Thanks in advance...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hope you got a 4 year old system really cheap!

Lorex will push out updates if the auto update is on. Most here subscribe to the if it ain't broke, don't fix it and thus do not update firmware.

ESciullo

n3wb
Reaction score
The system with 8 cameras for $500 - CANADIAN - Like $20 USD

There is no auto-update.
I need to upgrade the cameras and the unit itself...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you need to upgrade the firmware?

Lorex is a rebranded Dahua so there is an update feature within the NVR and cameras themselves.

Many people come here after an update went bad and the cameras lost functionality or bricked.

But if you insist to update them, you will have to find them on the Lorex website or find the update feature in the NVR and camera.

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might think twice before updating Lorex systems, don't know what systems were affected but there is a class action lawsuit going on about there firmware, should be one for them advertsing some of there cameras as being ONVFI compliant which some are not and they are using the ONVIF logo next to them. I turned them in to the ONVIF web site and here is the reply they sent me, the next day the Logos were removed as you can see .
Lawsuite

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all.
New to the system bought a Lorex LNR6108 with 8 KNB8105X cameras..
Trying to understand why some of the cameras are at different versions and how to upgrade..
Plus I also found out that the system I purchase is approx 4 years old.. Wondering is there any hope with this system?

Thanks in advance...
Welcome @ESciullo

I checked, but was unable to find much info on the Camera model.. perhaps you can help and share more info / specs on them.