Help! Frustrated newbie here.

Big Eddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Just received a Sricam Ap400 have it working fine on my cell phone. Now the fun begins, getting it to work on the computer. I installed the blue iris app, gave the camera a name, put in my ip address followed by port number. User name, which I tried both camera name and router name, and router password. Will not connect. I'm lost. Any help would be great, Ed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Big Eddy, welcome to the forum. Do you mean the ap004? Have you selected that camera from the dropdown?
You need to use the cameras username and password, not router...
Make sure the ip address and port are correct...

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Eddy

n3wb
Reaction score
No this is an app from google play store. It's called blue iris companion.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My comment was referring to blue iris settings.. It will not magically start working..

Sent via Taptalk

Big Eddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I under stand that. This Is what info it asks:
Name.
Blue Iris Local Address (host ip port)
Use Name.
Password.
used camera name, my ip address port 80 user name admin, no password, would not login. The camera name is what I named It?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In order to use the Android or iOS app for Blue Iris you first have to install and run an instance of Blue Iris on a Windows machine. Do you have this running on Windows already?

If you do have this already setup, you have to configure some things in the Blue Iris software prior to using the phone app.

First thing to do it create a user in the BI server - Blue Iris Options > Users > Add
Then enable the web server from BI server - Blue Iris Options > Web Server > Enable

From the web server page you can see the IP address information for your server that you will need to enter into the BI phone app.

From phone app add new server:
Local server address = LAN IP address found on BI web server page
External server address = External IP address found on BI web server page
User ID = one you created earlier (case sensitive)
Password = one you created with user account (case sensitive)

Edit: I forgot to mention that in order to access your camera outside your network through BI app you will have to port forward the port specified on the BI server under Blue Iris Options > Web Server > Enable the HTTP web server on port #