Hello!

mrzimmee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I just joined, I’m just looking to learn my network so I can make improvements I know are needed.

I’ve got a UDM Pro, USM Pro, and a Hikvision NVR with Hikvision POE cameras. The cameras and NVR were set up after my network by an installer who set it up with port forwarding, one of my first goals is to get rid of port forwarding and set the cameras & NVR on a VLAN, and then set up a VPN for remote access. I’m still trying to gain enough knowledge to do that.

One of my first questions is: How can I get my network to recognize my cameras? My cameras and NVR work, and my network (Unifi) sees the NVR, but it doesn’t see any of my cameras… my cameras are wired to a POE switch and patched to the NVR, which is wired to the UDM Pro. Is it something with that wiring setup? Should the NVR be wired to the USM Pro? Should the cameras be wired to the USM Pro instead of the NVR?

I’m still searching for answers but if anybody can help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Good to “meet” y’all!

Tyson.