Hello from Western Kansas

gizmo1955

n3wb
Reaction score
I joined a couple of days ago and have been reading intently about all the potential options available for Cameras/systems. Currently I have 3 webcams attached to one PC, (2) mounted outside, monitoring the west side of the house and two webcams using an old netbook for the east side of the house. Both PC's are running contacam software which I like but have difficulties with false detections from wind / shadows etc. The feature I really like is the ability to review gifs of the detections for each camera. I have been going through the forum and seeing references to Blue Iris and not knowing if that has similar features or not or if it would meet my needs. Contacam will not handle PTZ cameras at this time.

So in attempt to slowly move to the next level, I've been reading all the threads about Huisun and Imporx cameras. Have been wanting to try one without buying an NVR yet (just getting my toes wet) and wondering if they come with software that will demonstrate their capability or if I need to find software to operate/view the cam.

The goal is to find a cam/software that would meet my needs for weather monitoring that could send images to Weather Underground, as well as monitor video online and evaluate cameras/systems for security purposes.