Hello and good to be here

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm John, from London, UK - very pleased to meet you all.

First and foremost, a big thanks for this great knowledge platform. I'm relatively DIY and tech-inclined, and with your help, I managed to bin an old DVR with appalling cameras, rewire everything, get a Blue Iris PC running and am now enjoying my first 3 cameras fully working.

It wasn't easy -from crimping stuff one way at one end and the opposite at the other end, to forgetting I ordered different aperture cameras for different places and of course installing the wrong one in the wrong spot, to shouting at my wife "I'M PUSHING CAN YOU SEE IT" while routing cables in the attic - BUT, I learned A LOT from this place, I am shackle and subscription free, I don't broadcast my backyard to China, and I'm proud of (nearly) completing this super mammoth project the past 3 days.

Also, thanks for the discounted Blue Iris 5 - every little helps.

Onward and upward - a few cameras left to get my reward of "one and done".

All the best, and thank you!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm John, from London, UK - very pleased to meet you all.

First and foremost, a big thanks for this great knowledge platform. I'm relatively DIY and tech-inclined, and with your help, I managed to bin an old DVR with appalling cameras, rewire everything, get a Blue Iris PC running and am now enjoying my first 3 cameras fully working.

It wasn't easy -from crimping stuff one way at one end and the opposite at the other end, to forgetting I ordered different aperture cameras for different places and of course installing the wrong one in the wrong spot, to shouting at my wife "I'M PUSHING CAN YOU SEE IT" while routing cables in the attic - BUT, I learned A LOT from this place, I am shackle and subscription free, I don't broadcast my backyard to China, and I'm proud of (nearly) completing this super mammoth project the past 3 days.

Also, thanks for the discounted Blue Iris 5 - every little helps.

Onward and upward - a few cameras left to get my reward of "one and done".

All the best, and thank you!
welcome @John.McClane

lol ... "shouting at my wife "I'M PUSHING CAN YOU SEE IT" while routing cables in the attic " ;)

yes .. been there on that one ..