Hello All, Y-Cam question

Reaction score
How to all in the forum.

After seeing a work colleges Blue Iris & Dahua camera setup I've decided to replace (get rid) of the terrible Y-Cam Homemonitor Cloud cameras I've had for a few years.
So pretty much going to mimic my college's setup of Core i5 PC, Blue Iris and some Dahua 4MP cameras (IPC-HDW5442T-ZE and IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE). These seem to be one of the approved camera makes in this forum and most people get them from Andy (whoever he is ).

When I've finally got things setup I'll no doubt have a load of questions but I've as a starter...

Has anyone come across Y-Cam cameras before?

I know they do normal IP cameras but the Cloud variants look just the same cameras with different firmware. I wouldn't mind being able to reflash the firmware of the cloud cams and replacing it with the firmware of an IP equivalent hence turning the cloud camera back into a normal IP camera that I could include in the new setup as overview cameras.

Problem is being cloud cameras the camera password is kept very secret and I've yet to find anyone who's managed to get into them.

Just a random question as you never know, might save me having a load of dead cameras lying around.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

I recommend emailing Andy for a quote

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: Amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not know anything about those cameras, but at first glance, they appear to not be ONVIF compliant and totally cloud based.

Blue Iris is great and works with probably more camera brands than most VMS programs, but there are brands that don't work well or not at all - Rings, Arlos, Nest, Some Zmodo cams use proprietary systems and cannot be used with Blue Iris. Generally cloud based camera systems also use propriety software that only work with their systems.

Loryta and Empiretech are Dahua OEM sold by Andy here @EMPIRETECANDY . Some of my cameras I have bought from Andy from his Amazon store come as Dahua cams in Dahua boxes with Dahua logos, and some are not logo'd - I think it depends on how many cameras Andy buys if he gets them with the Dahua Logo or not. But regardless, they are Dahua cams. If you get a camera that has Dahua on it, then the camera GUI will say Dahua; otherwise it will simply say IP Camera but looks identical except without the logo.

You can update the firmware on Andy's cameras from the Dahua website, thus proving they are real Dahua. But you will find that the firmware we get from him is actually better because many members here provide feedback to Andy and then Dahua makes modifications to the firmware and sends back to him and then he sends out to his customers. These have been great improvements that Dahua doesn't even update their firmware and add to their website. So many of us are running a newer firmware than those that purchase Dahua cameras through professional installers. Smart IR on the 5442 series is one such improvement. Autotracking on the 49225 PTZ is another. We got the next version of AI SMD 3.0 prior to anyone else as well.

Andy has great customer service as well.