He never sees it coming, guy gets beat down with a club (NOW WITH ARREST FOOTAGE)

WimNL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True - probably back on the streets before the officer is done with his shift :(

And that is what is crazy with some of these criminals that get killed by the police - if they didn't try to run or flee or struggle, they spend a few hours before they are out...
True and everywhere the same... Don't forget that many times an officer gets killed by that kind of criminals....

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you can do it, but have to comply with their requests for erasure? You could hide it. No one would ever even know its there.
I'm afraid there is nowhere to hide it that doesnt involve a silly amount of work. Property has about 5 foot to the pavement and no shrubbery or area where a random box would hide it. Believe me, i've given it a lot of thought as it would give me great pleasure to capture a plate from one of these scumbags.

Not only would i have to comply with erasure, but also requests for footage that they are present in. If they walk their dog twice a day past my place, then i have to provide it all to them free of charge thanks to the crazy GDPR rubbish that the EU forced on us. "Ain't nobody got time for dat"

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), under Article 15, gives individuals the right to request a copy of any of their personal data which are being ‘processed’ (i.e. used in any way) by ‘controllers’

These requests must be responded to free of charge and in an accessible form, and controllers should seek to facilitate access requests being both made and responded to easily, including electronically where appropriate and where the individual wishes.
It's typical of the over-regulation of the EU. Their one-size fits all approach to such things doesnt take into account incidents like the OP captured in this thread where CCTV footage is frequently asked for by the police but (as has been the case here in Ireland in a kidnapping court case) the CCTV footage that captured the event can be challanged and may be inadmissible depending on how it was captured and how the police requested the data.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How about an update to this video.

I generally to not get updates from the police, since information only goes one way with them.

However, I got a development on this video.

I got a call from the department of corrections, they said I have a protection order between myself and 'Sally'.

I said I have no idea who 'Sally' is, I do not know what a protection order is either.

They explained that it was in relation to video I supplied to the police for an incident in 2021.

I had to explain I provide a LOT of video to the police.

Eventually I figured out it was in relation to this video.

ALL FOUR suspects in the video who beat that guy were arrested and charged with Assault with a weapon & Robbery.

A few of them also got drug charges, breach of release orders etc. etc. but that is just because they are generally bad people but from this video they got the assault and robbery charges.

The case is working it's way through the courts, certainly will take a few months. One of the four remains in jail, since he violated some condition of a previous release so he is resting comfortably in jail right now....

Reaction score
Two Questions:

1. What is the secret to using copyrighted background music in youtube videos? I've read that it's forbidden, and I've seen videos pulled down by youtube for violating this policy. Yet I've seen a handful of videos posted here that utilize presumably copyrighted background music.

and...

2. This "protection order" between you and "Sally," is this in place because the perpetrators have been shown your video as part of the evidence, and so the perpetrators can then deduce that the video came from you, thus the perpetrators potentially targeting you in the future for providing the evidence which resulted in their arrests? You never really clarified that.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. What is the secret to using copyrighted background music in youtube videos? I've read that it's forbidden, and I've seen videos pulled down by youtube for violating this policy. Yet I've seen a handful of videos posted here that utilize presumably copyrighted background music.

and...

2. This "protection order" between you and "Sally," is this in place because the perpetrators have been shown your video as part of the evidence, and so the perpetrators can then deduce that the video came from you, thus the perpetrators potentially targeting you in the future for providing the evidence which resulted in their arrests? You never really clarified that.

1) YouTube identifies the music and copyrighted, they say I can use it but any adverts shown the payments will not go to me but to the owner of the music (or something like that). Since I do not monetize my YouTube videos anyway, I don't care. If I was some big YouTube guy trying to make money off the videos, then I would care.

2) I don't know exactly how this protection order came about, or why. I could be standing next to 'Sally' at the grocery store and would not know and she would not know me either. I ASSUME (because she has a lawyer) that the lawyer requested information about the video so the prosecutor provides my name & address. Then in an attempt to protect me, gives them the protection order as well.

I'm just assuming that is what happened, because the three others involved (the males) I did not get any protection order against them.

Reaction score
Oh wow, so Sally's a real person! For some reason, I assumed that "Sally" was pseudonymic code-speak in law-enforcement circles, referring to - essentially - what you describe above. Weird that you don't really know who you're being protected from (but presumably, Sally knows that you are protected from her).

Thanks for clarifying all that.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how this protection order came about, or why. I could be standing next to 'Sally' at the grocery store and would not know and she would not know me either. I ASSUME (because she has a lawyer) that the lawyer requested information about the video so the prosecutor provides my name & address. Then in an attempt to protect me, gives them the protection order as well.

I'm just assuming that is what happened, because the three others involved (the males) I did not get any protection order against them.
I might be inclined to ask a few supplementary questions so you do know. And ask for a photo of Sally, her cohorts, and their contact info. If the system is so f'd up that lawyers are willing to leak your information to scum, you should be informed as to whom that information has been disseminated. The old expression snitches get stitches .. by extension, your good deed may not go unpunished. The natural bravado infused stance here is to cite that you can't wait to give them a taste of your gun etc. But I'm sure they have a lot less to lose, and a lot more time to kill. Hard to think in their shoes, but if it were me on that side of the fence, and I did time or got jammed up because of some dudes footage, guilty or not, I would definitely make a fun time out of ruining your day sooner or later. I won't lie; I'm a bit out of touch with that element. For all I know, these days, they could care less and will just carry on carrying on and never give you or your video a second thought.

Is there a way to input their photos into your BI system so it can trigger when spotting them nearby? That will come in handy one day in court if they come sniffing around scouting, and later return with the usual hoodies, and masks to do the deed.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The natural bravado infused stance here is to cite that you can't wait to give them a taste of your gun etc. But I'm sure they have a lot less to lose, and a lot more time to kill.
I don't have any plans to give them a taste of my gun. I have very little concern to any personal retribution by these people, because I do not live in the area. I own the building where the cameras are but I have not been there personally in years. They can look up my name and try and track me down, but will not get far.

Even if they Google my name in the area of that city, the only match that will come up is that of my father who had the same name... and his name shows up in his obituary. So if they try and lookup my name, in that city - I'm already dead ;-)

I actually had a real estate agent trying to find me regarding some property I own, so they pulled the title of the property and started searching. They found my father's obituary and assumed I was that guy - dead. They ended up calling a relative and tried to confirm that the owner of the property (not the one with the cameras) was dead or not. LOL!

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right on. :)

The interesting thing is that if shown your video, they will conclude whom they think supplied that material, and that will have to be the current tenants. Just as discussion point here, would one be persuaded by any moral or legal obligation to alert those folks living there?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Right on. :)

The interesting thing is that if shown your video, they will conclude whom they think supplied that material, and that will have to be the current tenants. Just as discussion point here, would one be persuaded by any moral or legal obligation to alert those folks living there?
You worry too much. If you are concerned about retribution by providing video to law enforcement you may we well turn your system off.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You worry too much. If you are concerned about retribution by providing video to law enforcement you may we well turn your system off.

I'm a homicide survivor. I recall being on my HOG near Toronto some years ago, and decided to stop by the lake for a coffee break. (weeks after my loved one was slaughtered in the area..held captive, likely sexually assaulted and tortured, before being tied up like an animal and left to die in an inferno) A guy rolled up, about 60 and we started talking bikes. He had that vibe. I could tell his body was a decade older than his years. He said something (twice), I never forgot, in that conversation .. "Are you sure it wasn't gang related?", and went on to inject some of his own story which connected the dots for me .. "..I always tell them - you have a problem with me, you deal with me, and you leave them (my loved ones) the F alone..".

You think I worry too much? Likely ,quite the opposite. I relish the thought...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a homicide survivor. I recall being on my HOG near Toronto some years ago, and decided to stop by the lake for a coffee break. (weeks after my loved one was slaughtered in the area..held captive, likely sexually assaulted and tortured, before being tied up like an animal and left to die in an inferno) A guy rolled up, about 60 and we started talking bikes. He had that vibe. I could tell his body was a decade older than his years. He said something (twice), I never forgot, in that conversation .. "Are you sure it wasn't gang related?", and went on to inject some of his own story which connected the dots for me .. "..I always tell them - you have a problem with me, you deal with me, and you leave them (my loved ones) the F alone..".

You think I worry too much? Likely ,quite the opposite. I relish the thought...
Sure....again they beat a guy like an animal. Pussies like you who worry about providing evidence and resisting are the reasons they keep doing it. Perhaps your loved one would be alive if someone took steps like the op did on a prior occasion.