Hard disk monitoring

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For anyone worried about the heat of their hardware, or hard disk monitoring in general, this is a good program, and is free today... the normal pricing is very reasonable

Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition

Eric

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is that site and software legit? I'm not familiar with the software but looks like it could be useful.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have gotten a lot of software through them.

You do NOT need a CC on the site, just name and email address.

It is actual software that is normally for sale, but they offer deals to get their software known.

You have to watch, because sometimes you have to install the software the same day or during the "promotion".

For Hard Disk Sentinel, the link for the software and web site is Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
They have multiple license options, including a Lifetime 5 user Pro license for $53 USD.

I like the software because the download from bit du jour that I initially got saved my butt. A week or so after installing it I had a hd that showed that it was running hot, and the disk info showed that is was probably close to dying. I got a new drive, copied the old drive over. I left the old drive in the machine to see what would happen and about 2 weeks it died.

I am not affiliated with them at all, just think that their software is useful. And I saw post recently about someone having issues that turned out to be an overheated hard disk.

Eric

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most disk manufacturers have a utility that you can download that will give you the disk health information.