Guy stealing stuff - thoughts on camera image ?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dirty lens or dome, low bitrate, low frame rate, out of focus, those damned sconces on the side of the garage. Without more info on camera type, etc, it is hard to say.

A properly setup camera would get a clear shot at that distance.

It all depends on the camera and what adjustments are available, and what the root problem is to figure out if it can be improved. My bet is that it is a cheap camera and can be improved, but not nearly to what you often see on here.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Beyond what was already mentioned, looks like DNR is set too high giving the blur during motion.

Turn down DNR, increase exposure to manual 1/60 or 1/120. Bet it’s set to “auto”
I'm pretty sure it is full auto. Motion is smooth, not jumpy, but not focused, generally blurry. My system tends to be just a little jumpy at times, not as smooth as this video, but the pictures are crystal clear compared to this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the blur is due to low bitrate and/or lower resolution, coupled with something possibly on the lens.

Look at the license plate - for a vehicle not moving, an auto shutter would produce a clean image and this one is blurry.

Shutter may also be an issue, but based on the speed he was walking at and the light available, I don't think the shutter speed is the issue in this particular instance.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My guess low resolution cheap camera .. perhaps a cloud product ??

While there is some useful information, with a decent camera you should have a great facial ID image here ..

Notice how the trash can label is a bit fuzzy on the edges.

If you do find out what the camera model is, please do let us know @TundraCam

1634142649677.png

1634142700426.png