Groups not working

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris set up with nearly 30 Cameras, I have a requirement for users to only have access to certain cameras. When I first set Blue Iris up this worked using "groups" however I have noticed that this is no longer working. Has anyone got any idea how to remedy this

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris set up with nearly 30 Cameras, I have a requirement for users to only have access to certain cameras. When I first set Blue Iris up this worked using "groups" however I have noticed that this is no longer working. Has anyone got any idea how to remedy this
What exactly is not working? Can they not log in? can they see all the cameras?

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
That would help ...sorry. :redface-new:

Every user can see every camera even if their group only allows one camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That would help ...sorry. :redface-new:

Every user can see every camera even if their group only allows one camera
What exact version of blue iris? Have you double checked the limit camera group settings in the user tab?

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
The exact version is 4.2.3.5 x64

I have checked the limit camera group settings in the user tab

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The exact version is 4.2.3.5 x64

I have checked the limit camera group settings in the user tab
Strange...i tested this and the group function works fine.

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I must be doing something wrong or maybe I need to start again by removing the groups and then recreating them

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I must be doing something wrong or maybe I need to start again by removing the groups and then recreating them
Did it ever work properly or is this the first time it was setup?

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
It was working great and I don't really know when it stopped working, but I was with one of the users and realised it wasn't working for them, did a quick check and realise it was not working for any of the users I had created

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
I have got it working I have changed the settings as in the image and now its all working fine.

cctv user settings.PNG

meltedwing

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to necrothread this, but I'm having a very similar issue. I'm using version 3.63.06 and it doesn't matter if I log in as a user with restricted group viewing, or don't log in at all, I always see all of the cameras on the jpegpull.htm page.

We've never used groups before, but we have a need for it now and so I've started setting up groups, but I haven't found a way to restrict the view to only one group. Is this normally done through user accounts?

I may have a situation where a previous coder edited the htm files and removed the login requirement.

Edit: Never mind, we had an anonymous account with no password and that apparently breaks the groups / login functionality.

Last edited by a moderator: