Got mini PTZ v2. Refuses to "take" DHCP setting, no other setting is kept after save

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: Got mini PTZ v2. Refuses to "take" DHCP setting, no other setting is kept after s

Go fetch (borrow a laptop from someone) a proper computer running Windows. Then log-in with Internet Explorer. Then you can fix this.

Btw, I also have a Mac, when I got one I knew I couldn't use it for lots of things.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Got mini PTZ v2. Refuses to "take" DHCP setting, no other setting is kept after s

I remember with the pair of V1 cams I set up, the web interface appears and pretends to work, but doesn't actually do anything unless the plugin is loaded. Unfortunately that means IE on Windows (MAYBE firefox too, at least until they drop NPAPI support).

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Both of my v2's now I cannot reset any settings via SADP or hit the web config page. I can access both via the iVMS app. Luckily I can connect to at least one of the two with my Dahua NVR. On the other one I cant get the reset tool to work either.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Managed to make it work. But now my problem is that I can't find PTZ protocol that works. Neither in Blue Iris nor in IP Cam Viewer (Android). I tried ONVIF and it did not work

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Managed to make it work. But now my problem is that I can't find PTZ protocol that works. Neither in Blue Iris nor in IP Cam Viewer (Android). I tried ONVIF and it did not work
Under the PTZ tab, make sure you have "Enable Pan/Tilt/Zoom..." checked off.

Select "Hikvision/Abus/Swann" in the Network IP dropdown. Leave everything else default.

Under the Video tab, click on the configure button next the Network IP address. Make sure you have the User ID and Password correct here. If PTZ still isn't working, try resetting the password in the camera's direct settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

If you are on a Mac download VirtualBox and a Windows 10 ISO from the Microsoft website.

Use VirtualBox to create a virtual Windows install on your mac. You then have access to IE to make settings changes to the camera. Only problem I found was the live feed didn't work in the virtual box but it's not really needed if you are just making setting changes.

Windows 10 is free for 90 days but I think you can simply do a re-install every 90 days to reset.

Of course you can always make your mac a dual boot too using Bootcamp, but's it's a pain to have to reboot into Windows just to use IE. VirtualBox makes it much quicker.