Got another one

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its always satisfying when you can help put a dirtbag in jail.

Got a call from a detective with Orange County Sheriffs office Monday. He wanted me to point to him the links to the Youtube videos I had posted from our HOA cameras from a car burglary and attempt to steal a car in our neighborhood back on January 14th. I had given them to him back on Jan 15th but he'd misplaced the links. He also asked for me to upload them to their evidence collection system which I did.

Hey Mike,
I’ve received all of the pictures and videos. The person seen on video burglarizing Kevin’s vehicle was arrested this morning. Charges were filed on the 4 others in the vehicle. Thanks for your help in this case!

Very Respectfully,
Detective John XXXXXXXX
Orange County Sheriff’s Office (FL)

I didnt get any better ID that night as the one PTZ never did pick them up. Weird but I later found that the way I had recently adjusted (screwed up) IVS lines prevented it from tracking in that preset.
Still we got good ID on the vehicle and tag both entering the street and at the culdeasac

HOA Entr_EntTag_main_20230114230713_@3.jpg HOA Rear_Tag_main_20230114230914_@4.jpg HOA Entr_StreetView_main_20230114232002_@3.jpg HOA Rear_Overview_main_20230114230851_@4.jpg

My buddy's (neighbor) house cam. Unfortunately he didnt turn on his coach lights that night or he'd have had better ID.

I mentioned to the detective that based on the build, how he walked, and the glimpses I had I was sure it was the kid from this video 8 weeks earlier, but I couldn't prove it.
All he would say was "good eye" ;)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hoodies and masks. Some places I have seen signs stating no masks, no sunglasses, no hoodies or no entry. At my credit union you had to get buzzed in. They would not buzz you in if you had any of those on.
It seems like only a few years ago you wouldn't DARE walk into a bank, credit union or even a retail store wearing any kind of mask, face covering etc. for fear of getting shot at worst or scaring people at best. :wtf:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Do they allow people to use cell phones in banks in the US? They do in Canada but anywhere south of the Rio Grande, you're not allowed to use a phone whatsoever.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do they allow people to use cell phones in banks in the US?
Yes, at least wherever I bank here in AL.

But who knows, the way things are going lately, the freedoms of more and more law-abiding people (the majority) are being limited instead of addressing the REAL problems caused by those that do NOT abide by the laws (the minority). :mad:

Reaction score
Its always satisfying when you can help put a dirtbag in jail.

Got a call from a detective with Orange County Sheriffs office Monday. He wanted me to point to him the links to the Youtube videos I had posted from our HOA cameras from a car burglary and attempt to steal a car in our neighborhood back on January 14th. I had given them to him back on Jan 15th but he'd misplaced the links. He also asked for me to upload them to their evidence collection system which I did.

Hey Mike,
I’ve received all of the pictures and videos. The person seen on video burglarizing Kevin’s vehicle was arrested this morning. Charges were filed on the 4 others in the vehicle. Thanks for your help in this case!

Very Respectfully,
Detective John XXXXXXXX
Orange County Sheriff’s Office (FL)

I didnt get any better ID that night as the one PTZ never did pick them up. Weird but I later found that the way I had recently adjusted (screwed up) IVS lines prevented it from tracking in that preset.
Still we got good ID on the vehicle and tag both entering the street and at the culdeasac

View attachment 164193 View attachment 164194 View attachment 164195 View attachment 164196

My buddy's (neighbor) house cam. Unfortunately he didnt turn on his coach lights that night or he'd have had better ID.

I mentioned to the detective that based on the build, how he walked, and the glimpses I had I was sure it was the kid from this video 8 weeks earlier, but I couldn't prove it.
All he would say was "good eye" ;)
What type of PTZ gives that night color and overall resolution?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The color is only because I’m fortunate to have big street lights. That camera is actually running Auto exposure at night. Crazy because at 1/120 or even 1/60 it’s a grainy mess. Typically a huge no-no but it works because of the ambient light.

Really any 4MP PTZ would perform well there. That one in the culdesac is this one

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
To this day I am still rearranging my cameras for a better view. Of course, updating the cameras also helps bigtime. I am at 13 8MP cameras and 6 4MP cameras and one at 2MP for LP. The 2MP is being updated to a 4MP this coming week as a new IPC-B5442E-Z4E is coming in from Andy's stockpile at Amazon.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To this day I am still rearranging my cameras for a better view. Of course, updating the cameras also helps bigtime. I am at 13 8MP cameras and 6 4MP cameras and one at 2MP for LP. The 2MP is being updated to a 4MP this coming week as a new IPC-B5442E-Z4E is coming in from Andy's stockpile at Amazon.
Parley has so many cams that when their IR kicks in at night part of Cypress, CA has a brownout for a few seconds.....:cool:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey, you're the one with the 20K lumen lighting setup.
If your place is anywhere near an airport I'd be concerned that a Cessna 172 would try to land in your courtyard! :cool:
Oh, those lamps go up this coming week. My friend/handyman has been working at the MIL's house and finishes up tomorrow so he'll be by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm not worried about any Cessna's landing near me. They continue north another 90 miles or so!

These AN-2's can actually fly backwards in a headwind. Quite an agile aircraft and still used quite a bit.