Google Domain & Web Page - What is your experience???

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
This year I decided to push forward on several business ventures and used Google to register my latest domain. Prior to that have been using Go Daddy as the domain register which was a complete mistake from the onset. The cost difference is substantial between the two and what you get from Google over Go Daddy on the surface appears overwhelming.

Having said this, has anyone ever been able to contact a human being on the phone for Google Business?? :confused:

You would figure in 2021 with such a large company they would have the people and resources to actually offer real support. All you get is the usual waste your time 5~10 links that never address anything. You are then insulted by creating a ticket and the email goes to every known country besides Canada / USA???

Why the fuck would I want someone from the India, Zimbabwe to contact me?? So that initial ticket I never completed because the email routes made no sense to me. Regardless, I had to resolve this issue so followed their endless (waste of time) links and created a ticket. I shouldn't have been too surprised to receive you guessed it! :facepalm:

A auto reply indicating to use all the same resource links! :banghead:

Fine, this was to be expected by the industry standard of pure shit service. But, the email does say reply if the links provided don't solve your problem! Whelps, of course I reply back with details as to what my problems are and as you would expect not a soul has replied back in four days! So of course as any pissed off customer would do you try to call these useless shits but you're given a banner Ad that due to blah blah a limited amount of resources are available.

So the only way to reach someone even remotely called a human - is via chat.

Well, anyone who has ever had the displeasure to use such a moronic feature already knows you have a 90% chance of getting a complete imbecile that either can't speak English or has the lowest IQ and zero comprehension of the English language! :angry: When you get both the end result is nothing but frustration and even more high blood pressure.

Google literally has these Useless tits reply back with canned phrases and replies . . .

They will literally repeat exactly what you told them and go Yes. But when you ask them OK, so what's the next step all you get is This is your problem yes? Yes, you stupid shit that is indeed my problem so what's the solution??? Only for them to have a flicker and spark in their thick skull and say You know its been great serving you and know you need this fixed now But, you can go to their forums and ask for a solution??

You can create another ticket in hopes another useless shit will reply??? So I ask this less than bright person if the two other tickets didn't receive a reply why would creating a 3rd, 4th, 999999999999999 do anything else?? I actually got a flash back reading the replies from this mouth breather as in the military its known as Circle Talk

People literally talk in endless circles either smiling, nodding, and / or repeating everything you just said?!?! You never get a straight answer but surely wasted time listening to people who are too stupid to live. I honestly have no clue if I'm ever going to get a solution to my problem but figured might as well ask the community as to if they know of a direct number to Google Business. I want to know how come products I uploaded in my web account don't show up in the main web page???

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Teken , if you had not said "Google" I would have though you were talking about SiriusXM satellite radio and that you had taped my some of my recent SEVEN, yes 7 phone calls in 2 weeks. It's about 5 hours out of my life I'll never get back. :banghead:

P.S. I've had a domain with iPower since '06, they've been great. Not the cheapest out there by a long shot but an articulate, knowledgeable, clear English- speaking person answered my call about a year ago, I hope it's still that way.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
@Teken , if you had not said "Google" I would have though you were talking about SiriusXM satellite radio and that you had taped my some of my recent SEVEN, yes 7 phone calls in 2 weeks. It's about 5 hours out of my life I'll never get back. :banghead:

P.S. I've had a domain with iPower since '06, they've been great. Not the cheapest out there by a long shot but an articulate, knowledgeable, clear English- speaking person answered my call about a year ago, I hope it's still that way.
I honestly feel like two years of my life force was just drained away today having dealt with people just too stupid to live. Literally just received a reply from another imbecile reciting the exact same auto reply as the previous idiot!

The first idiot gives me a link to so called Google business. I of course click on it and where does it bring me to?!? To the same webpage where I’m exactly talking to this freaking moron!

This gets even better as she (Mel) tells me I have the wrong department even though the link she just provided goes to her?!? As this whole idiotic thing goes on she changes her toon to inform me I do indeed have the right team?!?

To add insult to injury queen stupid figures after I’ve told her to send me to the correct team no less than 5 times she says I will and it’s being worked on!

Again, moments ago I get a reply from a even dumber person (Guian) who says that first idiot (Mel) who noted my service request was moved to the right team says:

Why no I’m with Google Domain but here’s a Fucken link to Google Business team! You guessed it, that link goes to the exact same group of low IQ fools I just contacted.

You got to be ten kinds of stupid - really!

You know having been involved with tier 1-3 support, Dev, SecOp, and everything in between. Having endured what I have listed out. I always tried my hardest to fully understand the problem and offer what the industry calls first solve.

I never used any of the bull shit auto replies, canned phrases, never mind repeated the endless circle talk you always get from these arm pit nations of $0.000001 so called tech support!

Yup, this is Google hiring only the slowest & dumbest people!

I should have never given a dime to this shitty company. I feel so stupid - honestly this is all on me.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've used www.networksolutions.com for work (domains) since 1999, I don't think I've ever had to call them though, so not sure about phone support.

I recently turned over my networksolutions account to my IT dept as I recently had my websites virtualized off my servers into the company IT datacenter, which they have a replicated datacenter in another city for fallover. One less thing to deal with, it's in IT hands now :).

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I've used www.networksolutions.com for work (domains) since 1999, I don't think I've ever had to call them though, so not sure about phone support.

I recently turned over my networksolutions account to my IT dept as I recently had my websites virtualized off my servers into the company IT datacenter, which they have a replicated datacenter in another city for fallover. One less thing to deal with, it's in IT hands now :).
You’re right sometimes it’s just better to push cash toward someone to get the right things in place. I should have just spent the money on a real website that allows more features and options.

I was just dreaming the Google web page offering was going to be anything even close to a well financed one!

All of those endless Wix commercials and similar I figured in 2021 could you really screw up a basic web page???

Yup, Google has proven they sure can!

I’ll have to move forward with a real web page solution and take my licks for being so dumb.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EDIT to my post #3 above about iPower....not only did I get my domain from them, they also host my site. I don't know of maybe just 2 or 3 very short outages in 15 years....not bad, IMO.

Last edited:

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This year I decided to push forward on several business ventures and used Google to register my latest domain. Prior to that have been using Go Daddy as the domain register which was a complete mistake from the onset. The cost difference is substantial between the two and what you get from Google over Go Daddy on the surface appears overwhelming.

Having said this, has anyone ever been able to contact a human being on the phone for Google Business?? :confused:

You would figure in 2021 with such a large company they would have the people and resources to actually offer real support. All you get is the usual waste your time 5~10 links that never address anything. You are then insulted by creating a ticket and the email goes to every known country besides Canada / USA???

Why the fuck would I want someone from the India, Zimbabwe to contact me?? So that initial ticket I never completed because the email routes made no sense to me. Regardless, I had to resolve this issue so followed their endless (waste of time) links and created a ticket. I shouldn't have been too surprised to receive you guessed it! :facepalm:

A auto reply indicating to use all the same resource links! :banghead:

Fine, this was to be expected by the industry standard of pure shit service. But, the email does say reply if the links provided don't solve your problem! Whelps, of course I reply back with details as to what my problems are and as you would expect not a soul has replied back in four days! So of course as any pissed off customer would do you try to call these useless shits but you're given a banner Ad that due to blah blah a limited amount of resources are available.

So the only way to reach someone even remotely called a human - is via chat.

Well, anyone who has ever had the displeasure to use such a moronic feature already knows you have a 90% chance of getting a complete imbecile that either can't speak English or has the lowest IQ and zero comprehension of the English language! :angry: When you get both the end result is nothing but frustration and even more high blood pressure.

Google literally has these Useless tits reply back with canned phrases and replies . . .

They will literally repeat exactly what you told them and go Yes. But when you ask them OK, so what's the next step all you get is This is your problem yes? Yes, you stupid shit that is indeed my problem so what's the solution??? Only for them to have a flicker and spark in their thick skull and say You know its been great serving you and know you need this fixed now But, you can go to their forums and ask for a solution??

You can create another ticket in hopes another useless shit will reply??? So I ask this less than bright person if the two other tickets didn't receive a reply why would creating a 3rd, 4th, 999999999999999 do anything else?? I actually got a flash back reading the replies from this mouth breather as in the military its known as Circle Talk

People literally talk in endless circles either smiling, nodding, and / or repeating everything you just said?!?! You never get a straight answer but surely wasted time listening to people who are too stupid to live. I honestly have no clue if I'm ever going to get a solution to my problem but figured might as well ask the community as to if they know of a direct number to Google Business. I want to know how come products I uploaded in my web account don't show up in the main web page???
I think you answered your own question? Google blows.

I use godaddy and have been satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've looked at moving my sites to Google several times. Your experience has been my exact concern about doing so. I don't need a real human often but once in a while I do. I hate the automated circles too. Nothing more frustrating when you have a real problem and need to get it fixed quickly. I guess it's worth me paying a little more to stay where I am.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't need a real human often but once in a while I do. I hate the automated circles too.
AT&T support web page is like a maze but with no cheese reward at the end. although I don't think it really ends....it just loops around to where you were. And when you DO speak with a human it's usually a courteous female but with a REALLY thick accent that is hard for me to interpret, especially when there are four other similar-sounding females in the background speaking almost as loud as her to some other poor, helpless bastard.
It's almost like several companies use the same service with the same people, reading their scripted responses and instructions. VERY frustrating and the older I get, the more frustrated it becomes. But it's likely not to change and MORE likely to get worse.

It is what it is..... :confused:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, how many times have you ever called support and you knew more about the product than the call center employee you are talking to!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, how many times have you ever called support and you knew more about the product than the call center employee you are talking to!
99% of the time.

I used GoDaddy for domain registration for 3 sites, for about 12 yrs, with no real issue's. But I didn't use them for the WebHosting. I can't recall the name of the WH that I did use, but it was a small outfit, and never had any problems with them either. YMMV.

Overseas support should be outlawed. :(

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone chiming in as I just needed to vent and thus far my experience with Google support has been a complete waste of time and effort. As I noted up above having followed their stupid recommendation of creating yet another service request.

That auto reply where I replied back in font 80 Yes, I need assistance etc has resulted in nothing! As it relates to technical support I really don't care where you are in the world. My issues are if you are supporting X well you better speak and understand X. Do I expect someone from another foreign land to speak and understand English if that isn't the primary language?!?

Of course not, it behooves me to learn, understand, and articulate the information in their native tongue! :thumb:

Yet everyday the largest of all corporations will literally sub out all technical and other support to third world nations that hire the lowest IQ individual to support the same! If the litmus test is are they breathing well Jesus that isn't the standard!

All of this is not a surprise to me as it pertains to outsourced support because that's the industry standard today! :banghead:

The key problem here for me today is the inability to actually speak to someone! I don't care if someone has an accent so long as they understand what is being asked and they in turn offer me the support and solution I need. What we have at Google is nothing that resembles technical support but some backwoods eight year old sitting on a bucket throwing rocks at the wall to pass time away!

Google web hosting - Just don't do it because their offerings in terms of what you can do or when you need help is just pure shit!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Just received a automated survey from Google asking how my experience was for this service request. Replied back with all the details and facts while saying everyone involved thus far just need to be fired for incompetence.

Outlined the circle talk, canned replies, and the non sensical answers given!

At the bottom of this survey they say a follow up could happen - doubt it. It will go into the virtual garbage where this entire service and team should go. Back in the day you hired the best & brightest. Today you hire the dumbest & cheapest that can read a screen to copy and paste replies!

Tech Support used to be a real profession for companies. Today, it’s just a cost they begrudgingly offer so they can say they offer the same to the consumer.

I just can’t wrap my brain around this analogy of when someone says this cup is broken here and is the missing piece. Yet the reply is pink elephants in the sky?!? Both of these idiots already know I need to reach Google Business to identify how come I can’t see any products uploaded to my main web page. The products seem to only appear via Google Search?!?

Both idiots have already said my domain, DNS, connectors, MX records are fine. Um yeah I’ve only told these useless shits more than 25 times that’s not my problem!

Yet they will repeat the exact same thing over and over. To only say again go to Google Business! Which I have and those service requests go back to these moronic assholes!

I mean let’s just say somewhere I made a mistake. Wouldn’t you move the ticket to the correct team?!? I mean if I select the wrong link that’s on me as mistakes happen.

But given my first ticket went to Google Domains instead of Google Business. What are the odds the same mistake was made two others times by using the links given from these two other idiots???

The links they provided me say Google Business!! So either the links are broken which doesn’t give them a pass from using any common sense of moving the same to who???

The correct team: Google Business

Google, you truly suck ass!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
So last week I received a templated reply from Google Business informing me this problem was being reviewed - finally. Another 3-4 days passes by and receive what has to be the classic do the needful response of how to create and list a product on the website!

It’s not like I haven’t explained to them all the steps I’ve taken and what the problem is no less than 12 times!

Which is all the steps this mouth breather is asking me to follow has been done! It’s not that products CANT be created. It’s the products don’t show up in my website!

They only appear on Google Search . . .

Yet these stupid and incompetent assholes simply have zero grasp of English and have even less comprehension of the same!!

I’ve asked this useless shit to escalate this service request. Dollars to donuts they will reply with another template reply because they are just too stupid to use their brain and come up with an answer that isn’t written for them!

Hey Google, do the needful you stupid shits! <- Anyone who is curious what nationality uses this stupid response.