Gmail disabled MMS to vzwpix.com

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been having trouble lately getting alerts on my phone using GMAIL by sending it to my number@vzwpix.com.

I just got off the phone and Verizon disabled the ability for that to happen to fight spam.

Anyone have any other way to accomplish it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep many mobile providers keep tightening their spam algorithms that will delay SMS or stop SMS. It has been happening for quite some time.

Most of us have quit using SMS with BI for this reason.

Many of us use the Pushover app ($5) so that we get push notifications with an image whether we are home or not. That way you don't have to VPN unless you get a push that warrants you pulling up the video.

Either get the BI app to receive push notifications ($10) or do what most of us have done and get the pushover app ($5). The advantage to the pushover app is you will get pictures when away from your home. With the BI app, you will only get pictures with the push if you forward ports or have an ongoing VPN connection back to your system.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep many mobile providers keep tightening their spam algorithms that will delay SMS or stop SMS. It has been happening for quite some time.

Many of us use the Pushover app ($5) so that we get push notifications with an image whether we are home or not. That way you don't have to VPN unless you get a push that warrants you pulling up the video.

Either get the BI app to receive push notifications ($10) or do what most of us have done and get the pushover app ($5). The advantage to the pushover app is you will get pictures when away from your home. With the BI app, you will only get pictures with the push if you forward ports or have an ongoing VPN connection back to your system.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I got it... and the notifications from the website work.

But Trying to get it working isnt going well.

Right now Im trying to get curl..... and I think I have the other info needed

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The API is cool and let's you set custom sound for different cameras and stuff and eliminates the email, but first lets get you going so that you have alerts until you get the API feature working.

Pushover also gives you a Pushover email. Copy that email address and go into each camera alert in BI and change it from SMS to email and put in that pushover email. That will get you going immediately. And then play with the API when you have time.

It took me awhile to get the API going because syntax of one extra space or something and it doesn't go.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The API is cool and let's you set custom sound for different cameras and stuff and eliminates the email, but first lets get you going so that you have alerts until you get the API feature working.

Pushover also gives you a Pushover email. Copy that email address and go into each camera alert in BI and change it from SMS to email and put in that pushover email. That will get you going immediately. And then play with the API when you have time.

It took me awhile to get the API going because syntax of one extra space or something and it doesn't go.
Got that working, thanks.

I added the attach a mp4 clip but that does not show up?

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For what it's worth, after about a week without receiving SMS alerts on my phone (Xfinity Wireless, more or less the same as Verizon), I started getting the backlog of messages as of last night. As others have done, I have configured pushover notifications and will be paying the $5 for the app... Well worth it!

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me. I've got the app wworking now I'm trying to get that code functioning to get the clips..