Generic camera audio - on and off hissing noise from BI - Works in VLC

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got a generic Wansview/Galayou G7 cam that I've got working in BI but I can't get the audio working.

In BI I get a hissing noise that comes and goes. Doesn't matter to seem what I pick from the dropdown.

If I open the RTSP stream in VLC I get audio. If it tells us anything, Codec info in VLC shows the audio is:

MPEG AAC Audio MP4a
Stereo
16000hz
32 samples

I've tried all the wansview profiles in BI, but none provide video. I can only get video using the Generic ONVIF setup.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried different /lower "gain" and "sensitivity" settings in BI's camera "settings" => "audio" tab?

adabow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue with a Wansview lightbulb camera.

Pvjxtra

n3wb
Reaction score
I hav
I got a generic Wansview/Galayou G7 cam that I've got working in BI but I can't get the audio working.

In BI I get a hissing noise that comes and goes. Doesn't matter to seem what I pick from the dropdown.

If I open the RTSP stream in VLC I get audio. If it tells us anything, Codec info in VLC shows the audio is:

MPEG AAC Audio MP4a
Stereo
16000hz
32 samples

I've tried all the wansview profiles in BI, but none provide video. I can only get video using the Generic ONVIF setup.
I have a G7 and it works with the standard setup. I see its IP address on my network but how can I access it from my Blue Iris? I assume there is a server in the camera but what is the default username and password?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a G7 and it works with the standard setup.
What is "the standard setup"?
Did you scan a QR code with the Wansview app and you see it on your phone?

I assume there is a server in the camera but what is the default username and password?
I would not assume that it does have a webGUI accessible from a PC but setup, if any, likely is done through a smartphone app.
I'm surprised that it "works with the standard setup" if you don't know the username and password. :idk:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.