general question

Mr_Khan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and CCTV and in the process of getting a list of gear together to purchase and install. So far I have 4 X DS-2CD2032-I 3MP bullet cameras and DS-7616NI-E1/A NVR. I wanted to know if chose to record at the highest resolution and frame rate would I sill be able to view at 60hz 1080P 30FPS or would it have to record at the same rate as well?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and CCTV and in the process of getting a list of gear together to purchase and install. So far I have 4 X DS-2CD2032-I 3MP bullet cameras and DS-7616NI-E1/A NVR. I wanted to know if chose to record at the highest resolution and frame rate would I sill be able to view at 60hz 1080P 30FPS or would it have to record at the same rate as well?
Welcome to the forum, You will view and record at the same frame rate...keep in mind that the cameras cannot do 30fps at 3mp anyway....

Mr_Khan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Thought so, I was initially after the native 2MP version of these cams but they're quite rare and usually more expensive because of it. Another question if I run them over POE would I be able to cut the DC input loop on the camera off for a neater installation?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Thought so, I was initially after the native 2MP version of these cams but they're quite rare and usually more expensive because of it. Another question if I run them over POE would I be able to cut the DC input loop on the camera off for a neater installation?
Nellys has the 2mp version for 119 I think with warranty..they also should have better nighvision than the 3mp...
You should be able to cut the dc input off, however, I have never seen a situation where this is needed..how are you mounting the camera?

Mr_Khan

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to drill a hole out of brick wall push Ethernet cable straight and plug it in. Cameras will be screwed directly to external wall didn't want to use a junction box or anything at the front of the house not too bothered about back. Are these the same cameras as on alibala/aliexpress advertised as English version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to drill a hole out of brick wall push Ethernet cable straight and plug it in. Cameras will be screwed directly to external wall didn't want to use a junction box or anything at the front of the house not too bothered about back. Are these the same cameras as on alibala/aliexpress advertised as English version?
If you are pushing it in the wall then there is no reason to cut the dc pigtail, simply push it in before or after the ethernet...
The nellys camera is the same physically, however it is a US region camera and therefore will not have issue when upgrading firmware if that is an issue for you.

Mr_Khan

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not too bothered about upgrading firmware as long as it's currently in English and does the same quality job. Looking at the spec sheet under compression standard it's showing 32Kbps ~ 16Mbps so does that mean if I was to run 4 cameras at highest settings 4 x 16Mbps = 64, I'd need at least 64m throughput on the NVR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not too bothered about upgrading firmware as long as it's currently in English and does the same quality job. Looking at the spec sheet under compression standard it's showing 32Kbps ~ 16Mbps so does that mean if I was to run 4 cameras at highest settings 4 x 16Mbps = 64, I'd need at least 64m throughput on the NVR?
No, you dont want to set the bitrate that high...you only really need a max of 4096Kbps on a 3mp camera...even if you double it its well below needing a 64Mbps..