Gas Fueled House Fire

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Located on the other side of that small hill about 1.25 miles (2 km) away. According to local news sources, 2 fire engines and 50 firefighters were needed to bring this gas fueled house fire under control.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I bet those sausages were overcooked.
According to the local news this morning, fire was started by a man "frying chicken in the backyard". The house caught on fire and it was fueled by the gas meter burning.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The house caught on fire and it was fueled by the gas meter burning.
that reminds me, my pops taught me to wire-tie a wrench to the gas meter.. his routine when hearing tornado sirens was to go outside and turn the gas off while battening down the hatches.. I havent kept up with this advice as I dont currently have anything outside to turn my gas off if needed, gotta take care of that.. prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The guy was cooking chicken in his backyard and just around the corner is an El Pollo Loco ("The Crazy Chicken") restaurant.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
that reminds me, my pops taught me to wire-tie a wrench to the gas meter.. his routine when hearing tornado sirens was to go outside and turn the gas off while battening down the hatches.. I havent kept up with this advice as I dont currently have anything outside to turn my gas off if needed, gotta take care of that.. prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
Good advice, though in some neighborhoods you may need to chain it to the gas meter.

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
Our gas meters are valued upstream with a standard quarter turn ball valve. No tools required. Possibly subject to interference, but it doesn't happen.