Fw 5.3.0 b 150814 "Device Error"

enaiman

n3wb
Reaction score
I do apologize if this question had been asked before (went up to page 15 trying to see if anyone had a similar question) but I cannot figure what to do with my cameras.

I have 1x DS-2CD2232-I5 and 2x DS-2CD2332-I both with firmware 5.3.0 build 150814 and both don't allow me to change any "Image" parameters (Exposure, contrast, brightness, noise reduction .... basically anything on that page is giving me a "Device Error" if I want to modify it ...

My cameras (all of them bought in Australia) came with a different firmware (5... something) and everything worked OK until I wanted to configure the E-Mail ... no matter what settings I used, the email test returned "parameter Error" ... and those settings were good, verified to work.
I thought to check for new firmware and I found the 5.3.0 above mentioned. It did install correctly and the email worked straight away ... just to make the Image settings impossible to change.

I have seen mentioned a 5.3.4 firmware but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have any pointers what I can do to fix this issue? to have both emails and Image settings working?

Thank you very much.

enaiman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

There are a couple aspects I am not sure of:
- none of my cameras are CH
- is 5.2.5 a stable version where everything works?

I wouldn't want to go to troubles just to find that what I needed most still doesn't work.