Foscam FI9803P V2 use as web-cam and FTP upload

muedejoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all, I want to use my Foscam FI9803P V2 as a web-cam. All is working fine but the cam is uploading a picture via FTP every 1h. This works without problems but for a inet page I need always the same picturename.
At the moment the system generate always a new picture with a new name. Is it possible that the camera always uses the same name? It should only update the file every 1h with the same name.
THX for any help

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've read, you'd have to come up with a script of some sort to perform this and so likely a PC is needed.
If you've got a PC that meets the minimum requirements, I'd go with Blue Iris, which is a very powerful and inexpensive VMS (PC software).
You can download the trial and see if it meets your needs; I'm sure it will, as I have a cam streaming to BI (Blue Iris) and BI FTP's a screenshot every 10 mintues to Ambient Weather; BI has been doing it for over 3 years now without missing a beat. You can specify the file name; mine is the same so that a fresh image overwrites the old image.

Check it out ==>> Flag Cam

Last edited: