Forcing Widescreen?

Reaction score
I have just replaced 2 8MP cameras with 2 8MP Dual Lens cameras and both cameras have been setup identical in blue iris however when opening in full screen one camera has the black lines on the top and bottom and shows the image in wide screen however the other is squished in and i believe zoomed in a little.

Both show the same stream resolution

Picture of Both : Subheading hosted at ImgBB

any ideas on how to fix? Been through both settings and everything is set the same!

Reaction score
Both are the same model of camera? How are you displaying them exactly?
2 Different brands, Viewing them directly via blue iris on the monitor.

Camera 1 Sannce FCD600 (Works fine with widescreen) 4096 x 1840
Camera 2 Dahua PDW5849 ( Squished one) 4096x1800 Have tried forcing it to match the 1840 but no difference.

Cheers

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua's dual lens does the squishing natively unless you choose a much lower resolution in theory. You can have Blue Iris rescale it though by adjusting the image size in the camera properties > Video tab > Image format section. This will require a fairly recent Blue Iris version if you are using the sub stream at all, otherwise the force size option is locked out.

1707530463739.png

Not sure what resolution is most appropriate for the Dahua but probably something like 4096x2160 6400 x 1800 and you can reduce the width from there if it doesn't look right. Aspect Ratio Calculator (ARC) can help with aspect ratio calculations.

Reaction score
I have had a play with it and no matter the size it seems that that it just scales up to the monitor size, and if i force the widescreen camera to a different size it remains with the widescreen bars just distorted.

I think this is an in camera setting in the Sannce that cant be replicated by the Dahua or Blue iris.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well blue iris does have some kind of capability to fill the screen with cams by stretching but I doubt you turned it on by accident for one cam. I'm not sure where that setting even is

Reaction score
Well blue iris does have some kind of capability to fill the screen with cams by stretching but I doubt you turned it on by accident for one cam. I'm not sure where that setting even is
I was tweaking a camera and decided to remove it and re-add it and when i did it went to the correct size... didn't change any setting regarding the video ect so not sure what changed but its working now!