Flashing a Qsee QC826 with Dahua firmware?

steepers

n3wb
Reaction score
New to all of this. I tried port forwarding with no-ip and it just wouldn't work. Did further digging and found that it's a bad thing to do. Then looked into VPN, I'll need a new router for that.

So I went to the main thread for Qsee and saw that these boxes might be Dahua OEM. I'm wondering if I can Flash then with a Dahua firmware and just use their app to make life much much easier.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - appears to look similar to the Dahua OEM NVR5216-16P-4KS2 model

steepers

n3wb
Reaction score
Would it be as simple as trying the firmware from that unit on this one or are the chances of bricking extremely high?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would it be as simple as trying the firmware from that unit on this one or are the chances of bricking extremely high?
Hi @steepers

Not certain, as I have not yet done this.

It could be very simple, .. before jumping into it
I would check and look for the lorex nvr thread flashing information.

Also, I would check any date stamps on the Qsee bin for this and compare it to the date ( or version ) stamps from the Dahua OEM version.

There should be a command that allows you to get more information about the hardware in the NVR itself.

Please do let us know how it goes.

steepers

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 I ended up getting the port forwarding working. I know that its not the smartest thing to do, but considering my limitations with hardware, it'll have to make do.

I did run into a really weird issue with it though. I can view it on one phone but not the other. One connects, the other the connection fails. Any ideas?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 I ended up getting the port forwarding working. I know that its not the smartest thing to do, but considering my limitations with hardware, it'll have to make do.

I did run into a really weird issue with it though. I can view it on one phone but not the other. One connects, the other the connection fails. Any ideas?
Hi @steepers

Port forwarding will eventually get you in trouble, especially as you as not updating or firewalling that NVRs ports.

Please do take the time to review the VPN notes, and remember that you can also run Open VPN on a 24/7 running system within your LAN ( so it does not have to be the router running VPN - though for most of us it is simpler that way )

steepers

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked into it futher @mat200 it doesn't look all that complicated actually. Time to invest into a router. Any recommedations?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I looked into it futher @mat200 it doesn't look all that complicated actually. Time to invest into a router. Any recommedations?
A number of members like higher end ASUS routers.... I don't have a particular model I can give, but a quick search here hopefully will show a few good options.