Fisheye Dewarping

Charles Odom

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking at purchasing a N68BR4 fisheye camera and have a couple of questions about the dewarping.

1st - I understand that Blue Iris has some form of dewarping available, but haven't had any experience using it, since this will be my first fisheye camera.

2nd - This camera is said to have Edge Dewarping built in, so it does the processing in camera and I wouldn't need the Blue Iris dewarping. Any idea on how this works?

3rd - here is what I would like...more like WISH...I would like to have a 180 horizontal view + 1 EPTZ, or something of the sort. the camera will be mounted next to a front door (ceiling mount) and I would like to have one view of the person at the door, and a 180 view of the front yard.

If I were to choose the 2 panoramic view mode from the option, assuming the Edge dewarping mode works, would the Blue Iris show both panoramic views as one feed or two separate? Would I need to use multiple streams from the camera to get multiple views?

I am lost as to how the dewarping works on both devices and don't want to make a mistake by purchasing the wrong cam. thanks

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Agreed, Dahua does a remarkably terrible job at demonstrating what a user can expect from their Dahua fisheyes.

Charles Odom

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well....bollocks! I saw the notification, and thought "Woohoo, someone has an answer!"

I guess I could buy one and find out.