First IP-cam

JoeriV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new in the world of ip-cam and I got some questions.
At first, sorry for my bad english:facepalm:
I got a ip-cam at the front of my house (5m high).
cam.jpg
I don't know a brand of the camera, but I do have a Model; HD camera 6024PB-JW101 720p 3.6mm 20m IR with 16GB micro-sd true wifi with the Yoosee-app.
I'm happy with the area what I can see and how it works, but maybe I'm gone buy a new dome IP-cam with better quality images.
:arrow:
The IR image isn't great, we got a lamppost at the front of the door. At night there is to much light from the lamppost to switch to IR. Is there a way to fix this? I already moved the camera a bid more to the house, but without any result.
a2020-07-15 20.20.20.jpg
What can I do with the settings for "white light"? I can change some settings to turn in on or off.
When you check the live image, you see a "sun" at the top right, what is this option? When I "click" it nothing changes.
a2020-07-15 20.21.51.jpg
Anybody know what the rules are to filming public places (in the Netherlands)?

Joeri

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should get a better quality cameras for your home. The price is not that high for the ip cameras nowdays. Check on the specs of your camera the min. Illumination and try to force color at night and see if can get you a better image.

JoeriV

n3wb
Reaction score
Study this
I don't understand everything, but it sounds expensive...
right now I got this for €45,-

You should get a better quality cameras for your home. The price is not that high for the ip cameras nowdays. Check on the specs of your camera the min. Illumination and try to force color at night and see if can get you a better image.
I can't find anything about colors, at specialy for at night. Only the "white light"(still no idea what that is).

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Expensive is a relative term. $45 for a camera is cheap and will perform accordingly, cheap performance. As with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

White light = light bulbs or daylight. Sure, you can make your $45 camera "see" well at night with enough white light, light bulbs, but the cost of electricity will quickly make that $45 camera a much more expensive one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Google the model number. There are several posts in the Yooseecamera support forums.

I doubt that anyone here uses such a poor cam, so they will have no idea how to adjust the settings or what the 'sun' icon is for. That specific cam and it's interface will not be covered in the Cliff Notes as it would never be recommended by anyone here.

If you decide to replace this, don't buy a dome. Domes have issues outside like IR reflection, dirt and water droplets causing bad video, and UV light ultimately fogging the clear plastic dome. Turrets or bullets are best for outside.