First catch

sgt-flippy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for the phone capture, was a quicky this way.

First catch on camera, we noticed a little figurine was knocked over, so searched for the cause...

Feel free to give me more settings advice maybe. But I'm pretty happy with the image.
View attachment 20221003_181755.mp4

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
What are those?

Image looks good to me. I like a lot of contrast in mine too but might take it down a little and gamma up a bit to try to get more of the darker area in view. Maybe a little WDR if it doesn't make things look odd. Depends on the cam how well that works.

sgt-flippy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are those?

Image looks good to me. I like a lot of contrast in mine too but might take it down a little and gamma up a bit to try to get more of the darker area in view. Maybe a little WDR if it doesn't make things look odd. Depends on the cam how well that works.
They are marten, is the translation I find. Annoying creatures, they're protected, so you can't catch them. But they go nuts over fish oil used in a lot of rubber and plastics. They are famous for eating car wiring and hoses. Few years ago I had under bonnet washers and it was a miracle the car still ran, since at a touch the ignition leads dropped into 3 pieces.

They also kill chickens and steal eggs.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are marten, is the translation I find. Annoying creatures, they're protected, so you can't catch them. But they go nuts over fish oil used in a lot of rubber and plastics. They are famous for eating car wiring and hoses. Few years ago I had under bonnet washers and it was a miracle the car still ran, since at a touch the ignition leads dropped into 3 pieces.

They also kill chickens and steal eggs.
Much like the rats and squirrels (tree rats) here love thermoplastic like the insulation for electrical wiring because of the soy content....but fortunately they are NOT protected.

Your situation with the rubber washers may explain how the anti-squeak rubber welt that is sandwiched between my tractor's wheel well and fender was chewed up in places. It's under a shed but open at both ends; the squirrels chew on my extension cords. :mad:

Last edited: