Firmware Update - where to get, how to apply

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
EDIT: Cameras are: IPC-T5442TM-AS-4MP (Starlight+ WDR IR Eyeball AI) Various focal lengths.
=================================================================================

Hi @EMPIRETECANDY (Andy), I purchased a heap of 5442 cameras from you last year, could you please advise if I have the latest firmware, it's as per the image below.

2021-10-02_11-13-59.jpg

If not, where do I get it from and do I apply it from the below image?

2021-10-02_11-19-50.jpg

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you really need to ask yourself, why am I updating? If it is just for kicks, then stay with what is working.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need. And the 5442 models IVS not working as well with newer updates.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At night, the IR washed out or over-exposed faces when close to the cameras, that's why I updated. I'd been meaning to update for a while and yesterday, I had time, I was re-confirming my daylight-saving settings in my cameras were correct; I then decided to do the updates. I don't use the IVS.

As an aside, woke up this morning, all my cameras time correctly moved ahead one hour.