Find/Inspect Not Seeing Any Cams

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am on BI 5.3.3.8 x64. I clicked on Add Camera and then on Find/Inspect. However, BI can't see any of my cams even when I hit refresh. They did show up before (mostly HikVision cams but also a couple of QSee cams). I can navigate to the HikVision's web portal on the same computer so they are reachable. So why does BI not see them (anymore)?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to type in the IP address and user/PW of the camera first before find/inspect.

None of my cameras show up if I do not give it that head start as I do not have UPnP turned on in my cameras.

Also make sure that your BI computer and the cameras are on the same IP address range.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is really strange. I have two computers, one with BI 5.3.3.8 x64 (computer 1) and one with the latest BI software for trial/demo (computer 2). I don't run BI simultaneously, i.e. if I run it on computer 1 I first shut down BI on computer 2 and visa versa. Now suddenly the cams show up on my computer with BI 5.3.3.8 x64 but I can't see them on computer 2 (and I couldn't see them on computer 1 before, either). I did not enter an IP address and left the username and pwd at its default (admin/admin). Both computer 1 and computer 2 are on the same subnet 192.168.1.xxx and so are the cams. So why can I see the cams (sometimes) on computer 1 but not computer 2? Btw, my only goal is to add cam 192.168.1.252. All other cams work just fine and are already added to computer 1.

BI1.png

blainet

n3wb
Reaction score
I had/have problems with 3xLogic (also HikVision) showing up when I was first trying to add to BI. I say that because one is still a little flaky into the program. What I found was the cam is set to (for me) Video/Audio > Configuration > Video tab and Stream Type - Main Stream(Normal) and under the ROI tab Stream Type Main Stream(Normal). When I changed the Main Stream to Sub-stream, the image showed up and stayed, even after I switched it back. Which makes zero sense. Still fighting the other camera...

Hope that helps. Cams are VX-4V-OD-RI-02 and VX-4V28-OD-I-02's

Last edited: