Feed ffmpeg to BI like a camera?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm using ffmpeg to push some RTSP streams from my crittercams to YouTube via RTMP. I'm simultaneously recording the footage in BI, but the raw RTSP lacks the custom overlay that I'm putting on the YouTube feed, e.g. the real-time weather on my BeeCam:

Since I'm already generating that feed for YT, is there a way to pipe that into BI?

The ffmpeg command is of the form:

Code:
./ffmpeg1 -hwaccel videotoolbox -i "rtsp:/anonymous:password@192.168.1.11:554" -vf drawtext='fontfile=/System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.ttc: textfile=/tmp/weather.txt: fontcolor=white: fontsize=48: x=(w-text_w)*0.01: y=(h-text_h)*0.08:reload=600' -vcodec h264_videotoolbox -b:v 5000k -acodec copy -t 01:47:02 -f flv "rtmp:/a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/<my-youtube-streaming-key>"
but I can create another instance of ffmpeg if things need to be different to emulate a camera for BI.

HHSquared

n3wb
Reaction score
Reviving a thread but did you ever get this figured out? would like to set this up myself :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not getting 100% sure what you're attempting to do, but... you can do some pretty great stuff with OBS Studio (and it's free)...