Facial Recognition - Folders - Adding - Labels

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. Can / Should I have my "unknown" faces being deposited into the SAME folder that comes up when you click the "Faces" button on the Blue Iris Settings / AI Tab? To me it seems to make it easier to click there, find "unknown" (&CAM + timestamp) faces and then just click the edit icon and change then name.
2. Then I started thinking about this (scary when I do that), does doing it that way actually ADD THAT image to the Facial Recognition Database? In other words, just because my unknow faces show up here and I rename them, are they actually being used by DeerStack?
3. Wondering if there is a way to use folders for different people and then have the label pull the folder name. Example: I have about 24 images of my ugly mug in the faces folder. still get a lot of unknowns, but I will save the for later, Since I have Steve1-24 in there, it will give me "Steve12:55%". Well, I really don't care that is image Steve12 it hit on, I just want to know if was Steve. I do understand the wild card of Steve* on filtering, but for simplicity, it makes sense to me to have 24 images of me in the "Steve" folder, a bunch of images of my son Jamie in another folder, and then label the object "Steve" or "Jamie" and not have to worry about image names anywhere. Name them what you want, but label based on folder name.