ezviz db1 with intercom keeps ringing

haku

n3wb
Reaction score
hi

i have a ezviz db1 with a MS intercom (MS MC170).

I purchased a transformer that does 8, 16 and 24v, i hooked it up to the 24v 20va option, a 24v relay, and connected everything up, when i measure the voltage at the door bell, it reads 24-27, however the relay LED is constantly lit, and the video doorbell keeps chiming non-stop as if someone was repeatedly pressing on the video doorbell

i followed the connection instructions i found off reddit to connect everything, but i am not sure what i am doing wrong

is it possible that the transformer is not strong enough? (only 20va, not 40va)?

relay: URBEST HH52P AC 24V Coil DPDT 8 Pins Electromagnetic Power Relay w DYF08A Base : Amazon.ca: Automotive
transformer:
if anyone can shed some light, i would be grateful (maybe the instructions arent correct?)

thank you

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A good Thread to ask this question would be:

I can't help you on your Intercom or relay but did you connect the power kit, if not you need to. Also that trans. is possibly too low on the VA (Load) side at 20va. The general rule is if you have a 16v / 10va trans, you replace it with a 16v / 30va trans., same with 24v which I Believe is 40va.
The key is keep the same voltage your chime needs but increase Load...I have something close to this one:

HTH

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.