Error connecting to wunderground

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The WU webcam feature hasn't worked well in a long time. I don't really blame them. Compared to weather data, the webcam feature is a lot less important to them and vastly more demanding in terms of storage, data transfer, and processing.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
While I agree that webcams are kind of superfluous, the way the rest of WU had gone is really not very good, either. They just removed APIs that a lot of people use to get their data displayed on their own web pages. No warning, just gone one day.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about using NWS api? Its free.
Since the issue with WU is not working reliably (or not at all now) with Blue Iris Tools, getting the NWS API to work with BIT is strictly up to its author, @Mike .
I'm hoping something will happen soon, either with your suggestion, @Chuck T 's regarding Dark Sky or some other viable alternative to the basically defunct WU.

Chuck T

n3wb
Reaction score
I think DarkSky is going away also.
Hi there,
We have some important news to share: Dark Sky has joined Apple. You can read more here: Dark Sky Blog.

The self-service API for existing customers is not changing today, but we will no longer accept new signups. The API will continue to function through the end of 2021.
That was an email I got on April 1st... so IDK.

Last edited:

Ironheadchop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was reading on here and still cant get the weather files to work. On my screen it keeps telling me Error connecting to weather underground, Check your internet connection. I have internet but still cant get the overlay to work. Anyone have suggestions?