Ebay Chinese cheap ptz on 360 eye IP issue

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of these £27 Ebay ptz specials I use as gate entry cams, I use them for their two way audio. I have them hard wired on poe cat5e. The issue I have is whilst they work fine on the 360 eye android phone app and one of my generic xmeye NVRs, I cannot get them to work on my 32 channel generic NVR nor can I find them using my web browser and their IP address. Is there any fix or am I stuck with them as they are.

It would be nice if they would work on my 32 channel NVR as then I could switch off my 16 channel. Can't understand why my 16 channel has no issue with them but my 32 just won't view them, it finds them it just wont view them and why I cant find them by their IP address in my browser TIA

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
may not have a useable rtsp stream URL, or the RTSP stream is being served form a non-standard port (not 554), or requires some non-standard parameters in the request query strings...

if you can more specific info about the camera, someone may be able to help. from you've told us so far, I have no idea what brand/model camera or NVR you have...

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These are the two cameras 1080P WIFI IP Camera Wireless Outdoor CCTV HD PTZ Smart Home Security IR Cam UK | eBay

The 16 channel nvr that is happy with them is an Etevision bought from here 16 CHANNEL NVR 5MP H.265 Networking Video Recorder P2P HDMI VGA 16 Channel Onvif | eBay

The 32 channel nvr that doesn't like them was from aliexpress
£31.23 14%OFF | 32CH*4K H.265 Network Digital Video Recorder NVR DVR ONVIF P2P Cloud CMS XMEYE Support 2 SATA MAX 14T RTSP Motion Detection

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
if you know the cams' ips', you can run NMAP (or some other network scanner) to find what ports they have open. could be the web UI is on a port other than 80, for whatever reason...
then again, some cameras don't have any web UI, (tho most do these days...)

You might also run Wireshark (or some other packet capture program) on your Mac/PC to see if you capture the requests made by the phone app to the camera that do work. This may or may not be fruitful depending on your network topology and router, etc...

Another possibly useful tool would be to try the Onvif Device Manager. If the cams are at all ONVIF compatible, it may expose the URLS's you need to pull a stream from the NVR...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
from the ebay specs
Cloud Storage: Support
Support multiple protocols: TCP/UDP、IP、HTTP、SMTP、DHCP、DDNS、UPNP、NTP

There is no ONVIF or RTSP listed.

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
from the ebay specs
Cloud Storage: Support
Support multiple protocols: TCP/UDP、IP、HTTP、SMTP、DHCP、DDNS、UPNP、NTP

There is no ONVIF or RTSP listed.
In the listing it does show the onvif icon and onvifer app does find them. see images.
It's all to complicated for an OAP like me

Attachments

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if you know the cams' ips', you can run NMAP (or some other network scanner) to find what ports they have open. could be the web UI is on a port other than 80, for whatever reason...
then again, some cameras don't have any web UI, (tho most do these days...)

You might also run Wireshark (or some other packet capture program) on your Mac/PC to see if you capture the requests made by the phone app to the camera that do work. This may or may not be fruitful depending on your network topology and router, etc...

Another possibly useful tool would be to try the Onvif Device Manager. If the cams are at all ONVIF compatible, it may expose the URLS's you need to pull a stream from the NVR...
I have onvif Device manager on PC, I can't remember the outcome when I ran it some months ago . I shall try it again tomorrow and see what it shows. Is there any useful data obtainable from the NVR that connects to them