Early Prime Sale - Tendelux Illuminators

Looking Out

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tendelux New Style DI20 20W $36.78

Tendelux New Style DI10 10W $25.58

Others at Tendelux Store:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Started to post this and then forgot to do. Glad that you did. Best price I've seen on these.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm tempted. What is the temperature rating for the power supply? It gets pretty hot in my attic.

Looking Out

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm tempted. What is the temperature rating for the power supply? It gets pretty hot in my attic.
It's a pretty typical wall wart device. You just need 2A @ 12V DC so you could use an alternative transformer for the larger unit.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's a pretty typical wall wart device. You just need 2A @ 12V DC so you could use an alternative transformer for the larger unit.
I live in the south, it gets to 95F here pretty regularly. My attic gets to ~140F. Most electronics don't like that.
I wasn't able to find the specs on the wall wart that comes with it, but I found these specs for an alternative:
1665603014769.png
40C=104F, I'm not sure these things will work well in most attics. How do people connect these things up?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mine on outdoor outlets and used these extensions:

The supply isn't weatherproof so need to protect it some.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. Anyone know how the DI20 compares to the BI18 performance wise?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You know it's kind of strange... One of the reasons that I got them was to get the bugs away from my cams. But I don't really see bugs flocking to them like they do my cams. Much less at the cams though so mission accomplished as far as that goes.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it's the combination of the heat of the camera plus the IR of the camera, especially in fall and spring. Even my big 30 watt IR doesn't really get very warm at all.

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you guys buying the 10 or 20? Just curious how intense they are, I'd like to add two for my driveway cams. The area is about 30'x30'

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The sale is over,
Couldn’t snag one at the aforementioned price

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine came today, a "10" with a 90 degree pattern. In terms of performance, it seems to be pretty good. Since it's been raining on and off all day I couldn't mount it outside for testing and just pointed it out the window. I was able to see it on a fence, wire fence, and shrubs about 50 feet from the window which is pretty decent, IMHO.

Maybe I'm nit picking, but the mount is kind of amateurish. The lock nut for the 1/4-20 mount wasn't threaded all the way, in fact hardly at all, so I had to fix that. The nut is plastic, I guess metal is too expensive. Before I put it outside I'll change that to a stainless nut and washer. The ball adjuster was machined with a file, apparently. It's loaded with flat spots and about as smooth as a washboard. On top of it all off the arm is so short that getting my fingers in there to lock it into position doesn't work very well. It took pliers to lock both the 1/4-20mount and the pan/tilt lock nut.

Why they'd make a decent light with such a questionable quality, poorly machined, mount beats the heck out of me.