DVR to NVR replacement

panthripu

n3wb
Reaction score
I am planning to replace me existing dvr with nvr. I came to know that it is possible using encoder but I dont know which model of nvr and encoder should I buy.
Our existing system is eneo make dvr with quad multiplexer.
DVR : DTR4216
Quad splitter:VCQ6067
Please suggest.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am planning to replace me existing dvr with nvr. I came to know that it is possible using encoder but I dont know which model of nvr and encoder should I buy.
Our existing system is eneo make dvr with quad multiplexer.
DVR : DTR4216
Quad splitter:VCQ6067
Please suggest.
What is the purpose of using the encoder? if it is to keep the old cameras then use a hybrid NVR.

panthripu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Is it possible to add ip camera in future if I use hybrid NVR? What about networking of hybrid NVR, is it possible? I have four standalone DVR. Can I connect all four hybrid NVR if I wish to see any camera?
If it is possible, can you suggest hybrid NVR for replacing my DVR?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Is it possible to add ip camera in future if I use hybrid NVR? What about networking of hybrid NVR, is it possible? I have four standalone DVR. Can I connect all four hybrid NVR if I wish to see any camera?
If it is possible, can you suggest hybrid NVR for replacing my DVR?
Or give a try at the Blue Iris demo and see if it will pull in the streams from the old DVR? Then you can add as many IP as you like (well up to the BI limit LOL)...

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How about a Hikvision 7300 series. It has the BNC inputs on the back of the unit so it can accept your old analog cameras. You can also add IP cameras using an external POE switch. Any analog ports you are not using you can disable so it will give you an extra IP channel.

panthripu

n3wb
Reaction score
I Appreciate your comments.
What about hybrid DVR ? I read some documents about it. Will it serve my purpose ? If yes , again requested to please suggest the suitable model.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

panthripu

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using following analog cameras.
Make:ENEO
Model:VKC-1416B
High resolution 1/4" Day/Night camera with 22x zoom and Ex-view CCDcamera.JPG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow.....specs not so good for that cam when it comes to resolution (795 x 596 ), which matches the DVR anyway.
I'd be investing in new, higher-res/higher light sens. cameras and NVR if I could.
If you insist on re-using existing coax instead of pulling in CAT-6e or 6 Ethernet cable for IP cameras then @bigredfish knows where to point you regarding nice HD analog cams (HDCVI) and NVR.

panthripu

n3wb
Reaction score
Appreciated your guidance.
I believe my existing camera is 1 MP or even less ?
The existing camera are connected to DVR with fiber optic cable and media converter on both sides ( camera & DVR ). Let us assume , i plan to replace the cameras also , can i still use the old cables (after all its additional cost as FO itself is costlier component of network).
What do you suggest ?
Plan will be to replace the DVR first and later the cameras in batches .

Last edited:

panthripu

n3wb
Reaction score
One 8 channel DVR with 8 camera connected. Is it possible to connect two monitor for live display , each will show 4 seperate cameras ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
HDMI splitter on the output, but its a single output so same view on both monitors.