DS-7616NI/12/16P MONITOR INITIALLY OUT OF RANGE ..RESET AND ASK TO RESET TO 1680X1050 THEN BLANK

Reaction score
VIEWSONIC MONITOR WORKS WITH LABPTOP NO ISSUES...
HOOK UP TO NVR AND IT BOOTS WITH HIKVISIONS BACKGROUND BUT BLUE BOX FLASHES UP SUGGESTING CHANGE RESOLUTION TO 1680x1050 THEN MONITOR GOES BLACK.
HOW CAN I CHANGE ANYTHING IF SCREEN GOES BLANK....IT IS READABLE AND CLEAR BUT THEN GOES BLANK...
I SEE NO MOUSE QUE AT ALL...AND WIRELSS MOUSE TESTED WORKING ON LAPTOP..
I HAVE 1 CAMERA PLUGGED IN AT THIS TIME...
i AM A NOVICE AT THIS SO BEAR WITH ME IF TOTALLY STUPID THREAD... i GOT SYSTEM FOR BUILDINGS USED FROM A BUDDY....ALL SEEMS LIKE IT IS WORKING BUT CANT GET MONITOR TO STAY UP.
FRUSTRATED...

Reaction score
WHEN I INITIALLY CONNECT THE MONITOR IT ONLY SHOWS BLUE BOX .....OUT OF RANGE ......NVR IS POWERED UP..NO CAMERAS HOOKED UP
BLACK ALL AROUND IT ..NO MOUSE CURSER

THEN I TURN NVR OFF AND BACK ON AND HICKVISSION SCREEN SHOWS .....EMBEDDED NVR... LOADING PLEASE WAIT.... AND THEN A BLUE BOX... RESOLUTION NOTICE....
FOR BEST PICTURE QUALITY CHANGE RESOLUTION TO 1680X1050
1 CLEAR MESSAGE
2 DISABLE MESSAGE..

THEN SCREEN GOES BLACK AND 5 SECONDS LATER SAME MESSAGE ..OUT OF RANGE...
HELP

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep - if you have a resolution set for an NVR output and it is greater than the resolution of the monitor, this is what happens. I have made that mistake before :banghead:

Someone else may have better solution, but I had to take it to another monitor (or TV) to be able to see the NVR so that I could make a resolution downgrade so that I could then see it on the monitor I wanted it hooked up to.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep - if you have a resolution set for an NVR output and it is greater than the resolution of the monitor, this is what happens. I have made that mistake before :banghead:

Someone else may have better solution, but I had to take it to another monitor (or TV) to be able to see the NVR so that I could make a resolution downgrade so that I could then see it on the monitor I wanted it hooked up to.
You can always change output resolution for either VGA or HDMI via web interface :)