DS-7608NI-E2 Install

klolyn

n3wb
Reaction score
hi,

Attempting to set this up on a MAC. i can see the NVR on the SKY router, but cannot login to it directly using Firefox on the IP address. i am unable to find SADP tool on the Hikvision website, if this is needed.

Do i have to use the ivms4200 software to set the NVR up? i can see the NVR on the ivms4200 but not able to do much more.. bit stuck on the procedure to set this up....

klolyn

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you purchased the NVR and just plugged it in expecting it to work, it won't. All Hikvision devices now require activation, which involves setting up the initial admin login for the first time. If you read of any reference of a default password, that is no longer the case for any recent firmware revisions and devices. (Summer 2015 onwards) as such, you will never get in with admin/12345. That's dead and gone even if that's what sites say is Hikvision's default. For security reasons, there now is no default.

If you can, connect a monitor directly to the recorder and activate it using the setup wizard with the included USB mouse. That is the easiest way. SADP is a Windows only tool that you can use to activate the device if you so choose, but on a Mac the only software offered is iVMS 4200 which is very poorly written in my opinion. However, if you are running the latest version, you can activate the device through the Device Management section of the software. The latest version can be found here:
http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Tools_84.html#prettyPhoto

It says supports Yosemite, but works with El Capitan as well. (I have it on my Mac, but I never use it because it's clunky)

You will go to show online devices, find your NVR (should be the only one), type in an admin password and click Activate. If all goes well you should be able to complete importing it into iVMS as well as login to the web interface.

All of the above is assuming activation is why you can't login. If you know for a fact you have activated it and still can't login, please mention so to expedite the process of elimination as to what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klolyn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi many thanks for your post. I get as far as seeing the device in the management tab on ivms4200 but it fails to connect when input a password (it says modify not activate) I don't have a monitor to plug in at moment but can get one this week from office. We will only ever have mac to interface with this, as soon as I can get 3 cameras showing through it on the iPhone we will be happy

Klolyn

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This would not happen to be a Chinese recorder would it be? If so, many are shipping with default passwords of 123456789abc. Try that in the web interface and see if it works.

klolyn

n3wb
Reaction score
it was made in China, but i didnt source it directly from there. tried that password - no joy. ivms4200 says it cannot connect......Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 19.17.28.png note that it invites to modify and not to activate....
i will get a monitor and see if i can log in to the NVR directly....not sure if the ISP router is allowing traffic through. i cannot ping the ip address. though it shows up as connected on the list and on IVMS..

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What I meant by that was a chinese-regioned device. Looking at your S/N in the picture, it has AARR, not CCCH, so it is a western region/US regioned device.

The reason this is not working is because you have an outdated version of iVMS as I previously stated. This is what it should look like:
Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 2.30.34 PM.png
Notice the activate button at the bottom. In my case it's grayed out because my device is already activated. You need to update to the current version in the link I posted above and go from there. The "Safe Status" as the window calls it, tells you whether or not the device is activated. In SADP, this is referred to simply as "Security". It's either active or inactive.

Secondly, is the NVR's IP within your IP range for your network? or is that just how it came?

klolyn

n3wb
Reaction score
hi

I have updated the IVMS software and activated the NVR, however, it still shows as not connected......Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 20.00.27.png The IP address for the NVR is in the range of other devices on the Router, so expect DHCP is setup on the NVR....

Well done for being able to notice the IVMS is outdated...!

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you just now activated it, go ahead and try to sign into the web interface in Safari or FF (no chrome). See if it lets you in.

DHCP usually isn't a default option with these. It's usually static like 192.0.0.64, or 192.168.1.64. That's interesting.