DS-2DF8C442IXS-AELW(T2)4MP PTZ camera

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey all

Bought a DS-2DF8C442IXS-AELW(T2)4MP PTZ camera which uses a newer mount type DS-1604ZJ-P () than the one I already have up for an much older DS-2DE5330W-AE that is being replaced.

Anyone know if I can just swap cameras or do I have to swap the entire mount? I don't care that existing mount is white and new camera is silver.

Checked the spec sheets of both mounts but it's not obvious.

Cheers

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Camera received and mounted. Old bracket was fine.

This camera is pretty heavy at approx 9kg (or thats what my scales said anyway not checked the spec sheet).

Both new and old brackets are rated for 10Kg cameras.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice camera @ watchful_ip and a mini review will be good along with some Video clips from day & night especially night time with motion.
£700 WOW any more at that price ?

Was it seller - shle183 ?

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice camera @ watchful_ip and a mini review will be good along with some Video clips from day & night especially night time with motion.
£700 WOW any more at that price ?

Was it seller - shle183 ?
Not that seller - it was a one off. I asked why they were selling as it was unused, and they said once they opened the box they realized how massive it was.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Coldair:
Are your numbers USD? Mine are GBP though even then it's a disparity. This is the 4MP 1/1.8" version, not the 8MP 1/1.2" version which retails at £2000 in the UK.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes mine are USD but even on the european ebay that camera is much higher
I think I just got lucky to be honest. I did bid in the last 8 seconds though and won at far less than my max bid.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
You got an absolute bargain with that camera and it should perform excellent also as it has all the new features like RAPID FOCUS and smart tracking 3:0 along with it's nice sensor.

Let us have some vids

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One problem I will mention is that configuring both privacy masks (which have a nice new pixelation option instead of ugly black boxes) which I need due to neighbor's gardens some of which have children, and rapid focus, the camera doesn't get it quite right and targets the wrong places.

I had played around with the camera and different firmware versions in testing though, including behind the scenes stuff normal people won't do, and reseting the config database to defaults fixed that problem.

Could be helpful if any one else comes across same issue (and a good idea with any Hikvision camera anyway if you have problems).

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FYI power usage (with injector which is about 2w with no load) is:

• 20-22w daytime.
  • 25w 20% IR (I need to check my memory about this)
  • 34w full IR

Not seen full fan, heater, demist, wiper etc active yet.

I'm only using solid core cat 5e and don't have any problems despite me being prepared to run cat 6a or similar if needed. Cable run is something like 25m or so.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a road quite some distance from me, so we're at max zoom, my old DS-2DE5330W-AE compared with new camera.

ptz230_2.jpgnew_top_road.jpg

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has this camera type and how they are getting on with it?

Having a problem with auto tracking triggering and then recording indefinitely even once the target has long since disappeared. (1hour+)

Last edited: