DS-2CD2332-I Some Samba and Chrome Querys

kiteboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

Just installed my first ever IP Cam today a DS-2CD2332-I
It has firmware version V5.2.0 build 140721
Overall pretty happy but there's quite a learning curve

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]First of all chrome playback - cant get it working at all - works fine in IE and Firefox - I realize google have disabled some stuff in chrome to stop web components working [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is there any workaround at all - I cant get VLC plugins in chrome going either and I have reinstalled VLC too?? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I also cant seem to get my samba share to work quite right - its not picking up the hard drive size - is the 250gb limit on smb share still a bug?? - if so will have to load up a usb drive to record onto instead[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lastly as Im running Ubuntu server I was initially thinking of installing Zoneminder - anybody have any experience of that at all - any advice /any good?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I may not even use zoneminder if I can get it recording to the SMB share correctly[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks guys and sorry for the noob queries[/FONT]

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Kiteboy!

Welcome to the forum... a few things about your post...

I too have had problems with Chrome and the WebComponents, is firefox not a viable solution for you? Secondly... avoid USB drives at all costs... they are flaky and in my experience and that of others on this site, they randomly "dissapear" and cause all kinds of problems with reliability and performance. Some SAMBA share drive geometrys are improperly and/or not reported at all. Is it that big of a deal to you? if it will connect and lay the data down on the share, you can just run a script to monitor drive capacity and report it to you. No experience with Zoneminder here, I'm a Windows 7 Blue Iris user, and also a dedicated HikVision NVR user at my other house.

Hope this helps?

kiteboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Kiteboy!

Welcome to the forum... a few things about your post...

I too have had problems with Chrome and the WebComponents, is firefox not a viable solution for you? Secondly... avoid USB drives at all costs... they are flaky and in my experience and that of others on this site, they randomly "dissapear" and cause all kinds of problems with reliability and performance. Some SAMBA share drive geometrys are improperly and/or not reported at all. Is it that big of a deal to you? if it will connect and lay the data down on the share, you can just run a script to monitor drive capacity and report it to you. No experience with Zoneminder here, I'm a Windows 7 Blue Iris user, and also a dedicated HikVision NVR user at my other house.

Hope this helps?

No its not a problem really - just prefer chrome thats all
Noted about USB drive too - thanks dude - good info

Its not laying anything down to samba share at the moment -its set to continuous record - the samba drive has no password set - so should be open to all devices to access

Havent really played with it too much yet - so when I get a bit more time will give it another go (baby running me ragged)

Oh one more thing - that IVMS client on windows - didnt REALLY get on with it but again need more time - guess lots are using blue iris??

Thanks again

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you should always use a password, that could be why it can't authenticate without a password. I tried IVMS and hated it, ended up with Blue Iris, best $40 I ever spent!