DS-2CD2332-I IP66 4MM Noobie advice

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly Hi to everybody!

I have just bought the I bought the DS-2CD2332-I IP66 4MM turret camera and thought it would be pretty straightforward, but just cant seem to get it working. The manual is next to useless and the on-line PDF's not much better. I can connect to it alright either on webpage, or my Synology NAS can also "see" it. But that's as far as it gets.

On the webpage, i have tried "admin" as user name and "12345" as the password, but it just doesn't like it and wont let me past. (I bought it from Amazon marketplace and now suspect the password was reset before it was returned) I then tried the ivms software, which just freezes! I have to actually reboot my laptop to get it to close!

When i first ran SADP it showed up and showed a port of 8000, the layout isn't very intuitive and i couldn't figure out much, so came out of it, which is a pity...as now when i launch it, i can see anything! I double click the icon, it launches but no window appears now, if i click it again, it just says it is running...but i cant see anything!

On my synology, it wont connect as either the port,hostname or IP is wrong, so i suspect it's a change of the original "admin" hostname, and as i cant access either IVMS or SADP, i have a rather useless camera at the moment!

I'm pretty sure im just doing something dumb, but if anybody can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks

dss

Banned
Reaction score
for HTTP use port 80. 8000 is for cell phones
. What browser are you using? Try IE
what does sapd say is the ip address of the camera? You can usually click the camera in sadp and I will take you to the log in page.
I use 40 or 50 of these cameras a month and my customers really like them.. The IR is excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
. What browser are you using? Try IE
I cant access it to change anything..

I am using chrome, but just tried I.E and edge, same issue.

On a plus, i downloaded the latest IVMS and that doesn't seem to be freezing, but without SADP or access via the webpage its not much use.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling SADP again.

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
. You can usually click the camera in sadp and I will take you to the log in page.
I cant actually get SADP to work..well it says its open and running but i cant see it on my screen, cant see it in task manager, but if i double click the icon again, it says it is running and if i try and remove it it says exit the program before removing.

I'm using Win10 if that makes any difference, but it popped up the first time i installed it from the CD... i just tried installing from there again and same again..says its running but i cant see a GUI.

Im using a 12v external PSU, would that make any difference? My NAS can still detect it and the web page "hooks" onto it, so i can only assume its getting the power it needs.

If i can get SADP to open up, i can use the tool that's stickied to unlock it and im sure i'll be off and running from there.

dss

Banned
Reaction score
I cant access it to change anything..

I am using chrome, but just tried I.E and edge, same issue.

On a plus, i downloaded the latest IVMS and that doesn't seem to be freezing, but without SADP or access via the webpage its not much use.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling SADP again.
You won't see the video with chrome. admin 12345 I had a customer that changed his NVR password and forgot it. I was able to use the code generator on this site to unlock it but I don't know if it works on cameras. I purchase everything from my US distributor so I never have and problems.

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a look at that and it needs me to TELNET in and all sorts... my windows 10 laptops flatly refused to enable TELNET.. i hooked up a win 7 laptop and got the SADP program working...hooray!!! but i cant see where to input the code generated by the sticky HERE and trying to TELNET is using the wrong port.... surely it isnt this hard for most users!!

So, sitrep is that i have both SADP and IVMS working, however i still can't change the password as i cant see where in SADP i input it? The version is the latest v3.0.0.2 build 20150911

dss

Banned
Reaction score
I had a look at that and it needs me to TELNET in and all sorts... my windows 10 laptops flatly refused to enable TELNET.. i hooked up a win 7 laptop and got the SADP program working...hooray!!! but i cant see where to input the code generated by the sticky HERE and trying to TELNET is using the wrong port.... surely it isnt this hard for most users!!

So, sitrep is that i have both SADP and IVMS working, however i still can't change the password as i cant see where in SADP i input it? The version is the latest v3.0.02 build 20150911

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/hik-pw-reset.php this should work... I've only done this once and it worked.....

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, thats the one i have generated the code with, where in SADP do i put the generated code?

There is no obvious place.

The only place i see is the "forgot password" section, which makes sense, whoever If i put the code in the "import file" section (that doesn't make sense but where else is there?) and put in a new password it doesn't take it.

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
password recovery
hi, thanks for your help so far, but can you give some context?

i now have a few tools at my disposal (SADP & IVMS) and need some step by step help getting my password reset code (from HERE) imputed into SADP

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried the new default Hikvision password: 123456789abc
i was so excited when i saw that...no joy:-(
Try logging into the camera with Firefox. Use the username: admin

...and password: 123456789abc

- - - Updated - - -

hi, thanks for your help so far, but can you give some context?

i now have a few tools at my disposal (SADP & IVMS) and need some step by step help getting my password reset code (from HERE) imputed into SADP
This is good advice from Eddie.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you didn't "bone up" one of your terminations. IE. have a bad cable. Try it with a known good jumper...

dss

Banned
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

The code must be entered into the Hikvision SADP tool in the Serial code box (called Security Code in later SADP versions). The camera will compare its internal date and time with the date and time you have entered above. The Serial Number and date much match perfectly or else the code will not work.

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
The code must be entered into the Hikvision SADP tool in the Serial code box (called Security Code in later SADP versions). The camera will compare its internal date and time with the date and time you have entered above. The Serial Number and date much match perfectly or else the code will not work.
Yes, thanks, i understand that, I read that in the post. The issue i have is that i cannot see where "serial code box" or "security code" is in SADP.

This is the main screen i have and cannot see anything other than the "forgot password" option:

sadp.JPG

When i click on that i get:

reset.JPG

Exporting the file gives me an unreadable XML file in either Excel or Word, when i try and open it on its own it fires up a blank HTML page.

I'm assuming i need to get the code into the XML file and import it.

Any ideas?

eddiewww

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, finally got it working!

The software for this product needs some serious work.

As above, i could not find anyway of inserting the generated code, so i decided to try an older version of the software and lo and behold, there was a box to enter the code :) Pasted it in, got a success message, went the web browser and in i got!

I intend to use my Synology software to do the NVR duties, so hopefully wont have to use the Hikvision stuff again, but at least i have learned a few things along the way.

Thanks for all the help so far...i may be back!

dss

Banned
Reaction score
OK, finally got it working!

The software for this product needs some serious work.

As above, i could not find anyway of inserting the generated code, so i decided to try an older version of the software and lo and behold, there was a box to enter the code :) Pasted it in, got a success message, went the web browser and in i got!

I intend to use my Synology software to do the NVR duties, so hopefully wont have to use the Hikvision stuff again, but at least i have learned a few things along the way.

Thanks for all the help so far...i may be back!
Glad you got it going. I would recommend getting the cameras from a real US distributor.. I install Hikvision everyday and never have a problem...and I use many of the high end 30x PTZ cams and only use Hik NVR's....and everything has a three year exchange warranty... I don't have time to have problems....have a good one.....