Doorbell cameras for Blue Iris

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have a look at this one -

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check the Doorbells thread, depends on how much you want to spend, the way it looks and fits in the location you want it. Wired is better than wireless, but most are wireless.

Note that most will require you to setup the doorbell cam with a phone/tablet app first. I have a separate network that doesn't reach the internet and was forced to set it up on my internet connected network first, before switching it to my BI network. I have the first generation RCA/Uniden/LTS, etc. one, it's ok but loses wireless connection every now and again for a few minutes, but re-connects. I've read the the second gen is better.

chyatt21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check the Doorbells thread, depends on how much you want to spend, the way it looks and fits in the location you want it. Wired is better than wireless, but most are wireless.

Note that most will require you to setup the doorbell cam with a phone/tablet app first. I have a separate network that doesn't reach the internet and was forced to set it up on my internet connected network first, before switching it to my BI network. I have the first generation RCA/Uniden/LTS, etc. one, it's ok but loses wireless connection every now and again for a few minutes, but re-connects. I've read the the second gen is better.

Thank you I will look through the doorbell threads.