Doorbell Cam DHI-VTO2202F-P-S2 --- sending Tamper Alarm alerts once/week at exact time

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua doorbell camera (model #DHI-VTO2202F-P-S2) that every Tuesday morning (at the exact same time) is giving me a Tamper Alarm DMSS message even though the Emergency Maintenance checkbox is -not- enabled (see screenshot). How do I stop this once a week Tamper Alarm from getting sent? Not even sure what it’s for…. ?

1637707373834.png

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying one bump to see if anyone has an idea on this one... ?

edem2302

n3wb
Reaction score
just for information, i have the same things on the VTO2211G-WP all tuesday :banghead:
and i already uncheck this option too...

Raphux

n3wb
Reaction score
just for information, i have the same things on the VTO2211G-WP all tuesday :banghead:
and i already uncheck this option too...
Same here, VTO2202F-P-S2. Every week, on tuesday, 2am, my device detects a tamper (that what is shown in the log), but of course, it's the date/time of the maintenance. Any contact @Dahua that could help ?

andonl

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems that temper evident switch at the back on your VTO is not in the closed position. It is like push button. It has to be pushed all the time. So when VTO restarts it detects the temper event.
Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Raphux

n3wb
Reaction score
@andonl , you were right for me : my VTO was in its case, but the screws were (on purpose), not thithly screwed. This VTO's switch and case are very precise together, and less than a millimeter will make the button position changed.

Thank you for this !

Sunn

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua doorbell camera (model #DHI-VTO2202F-P-S2) that every Tuesday morning (at the exact same time) is giving me a Tamper Alarm DMSS message even though the Emergency Maintenance checkbox is -not- enabled (see screenshot). How do I stop this once a week Tamper Alarm from getting sent? Not even sure what it’s for…. ?

View attachment 109519

View attachment 109519
I know how to get rid of temper alarm

coo000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, can you please help me. I am facing the same problem. Every Tue at 02:00 the tamper alarm is activated. The VTO is in Dahua case and well screwed.

Reaction score
Hi, can you please help me. I am facing the same problem. Every Tue at 02:00 the tamper alarm is activated. The VTO is in Dahua case and well screwed.
I have the same issue "sometimes" at 2:00am (2 or 3x's a month?). I only get an alert on my smartphone though. Unknown as to why and not that big of a deal to me to spend too much time figuring it out.
I do have 'alarm' buttoned turned off on the 'Local Settings' / 'Video & Audio' so it doesn't buzz the inside.

p2baron

n3wb
Reaction score
It's an oldie but I see no-one answered this..
This is probably because the device does " maintenance" (resets itself every) Tuesday at 0200. This used to scare the crap out of me because it would also make the loud chiping sound in the middle of the night.

Dahua Maintenance mode.jpg

Reaction score
Solution is here :