Does the IPC-HFW4431R-Z have 0-1400 zoom slider?

RobertF

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a IPC-HFW4431R-Z camera for the purpose of using it to determine fixed lens sizes as described in the great wiki (Cliff) notes.

The notes refer to using the popular IPC-HDW5231R-Z turret but I would like to know if this method is applicable to all Dahua cameras?

Does the IPC-HFW4431R-Z also provide the current zoom value from 0-1400 that can be used in the equation?

Thanks

Robert

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a IPC-HFW4431R-Z camera for the purpose of using it to determine fixed lens sizes as described in the great wiki (Cliff) notes.

The notes refer to using the popular IPC-HDW5231R-Z turret but I would like to know if this method is applicable to all Dahua cameras?

Does the IPC-HFW4431R-Z also provide the current zoom value from 0-1400 that can be used in the equation?

Thanks

Robert
Avoid hacked china region cameras.

RobertF

n3wb
Reaction score
I understnd that it's a hacked camera but I'm not looking to use this as a security camera, just as a tool for determining fixed lens sizes.

If anyone has used it for this purpose I'd appreciate any input.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I understnd that it's a hacked camera but I'm not looking to use this as a security camera, just as a tool for determining fixed lens sizes.

If anyone has used it for this purpose I'd appreciate any input.
so you are going to toss money down the toilet for this inaccurate "tool" buy a 5231 which you can use after the fact as a proper camera.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
My 4431R-Zs go from 0 to 1350. The only way I see the number is by hovering the cursor over the slider. I didn't know about that feature, so thanks for leading me to it! If the method is applicable to other cameras, I'm afraid I don't know.

RobertF

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response tigerwillow1, that's very useful info.

If anyone else has any other Dahua varifocals or PTZs it would be great if you can hover over the slider to see what range is available.

Does anyone know if Hikvision varifocals or PTZs make the current zoom level available in the web gui?

Thanks