Do we need to seal the gland in the HIKVISION mounting box?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be mounting a torrent on an outside wall and have bought the Hikvision mounting box.
This comes with a Gland which seems to be set for conduit, I'm planning on using water proof cable down the wall into the box.
I've read that people have left this open and it has been fine. Not sure where this person was, but I'm in the UK so we have more then out fair share of rain.

As long as it's pointing down, I hope it should be fine.

Paul

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be mounting a torrent on an outside wall and have bought the Hikvision mounting box.
This comes with a Gland which seems to be set for conduit, I'm planning on using water proof cable down the wall into the box.
I've read that people have left this open and it has been fine. Not sure where this person was, but I'm in the UK so we have more then out fair share of rain.

As long as it's pointing down, I hope it should be fine.

Paul

IMO play it safe and seal it if you are not using the conduit it is designed for. For added protection if possible assure that pass through fitting faces down so it is kept out of the elements even more and does not have sun,rain etc hitting it directly.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
use a water-tight cable gland if your not hooking up conduit.. even if rain dont get inside you want wasps to build a nest inside or anything like that.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are the Glands standard sizes, I thought I read that these ones are an odd size.