Do I need to use the sub streams for multiple applications and one camera?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a HFW5241E-Z12E which I am going to start using for LPR duty, its working PERFECTLY so far

If I install OpenALPR on another system and point it to the camera, do I need to do anything special since its already in Blue Iris?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will not want to use substream to send to another application - the video quality will not be as good and it will miss-read plates.

I believe you can stream the mainstream to 3 devices at the same time.

Going off your other thread, I encourage you to try the trial that Plate Recognizer offers - simply create an account and they give you a token number and you put that into Blue Iris and you start getting plates with the plate number placed on the alert video and in the BI log.

Actually try Plate Recognizer and OpenALPR trials and see which one you like better - some here like OpenALPR and others like Plate Recognizer.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I currently have OpenALPR on a different system, its nice being able to free up the CPU cycles of the Blue Iris box

It seems to be working quite well, its a real shame about the 5 day data history on the $5/mo plan

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is why I like Plate Recognizer because it logs the plates in the BI log text file so it retains the data until you delete the log file, plus you can simply take the file at the end of the month and import into excel and sort and delete all the entries but the plates and then do sorts and stuff.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You will not want to use substream to send to another application - the video quality will not be as good and it will miss-read plates.
That camera has a 2mp Substream as well

It seems to be working quite well, its a real shame about the 5 day data history on the $5/mo plan
What five day limit?