Do I need to cut the cable on these coax cameras ?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 8 cameras I was planning on converting from coax to IP. I thought I would be able to just unplug the camera from the coax but it looks like these are hardwired into the camera? I couldn't see a way to get to the end of the cable.

Does anyone know if I have to cut the cable on these cameras and put new coax ends on before converting to IP?

Attachments

Kevin_Essiambre

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There should be power and coax. This is probably a long cable connected to the camera. The joint is probably somewhere in the soffit.

Sent from my new phone. Autocorrect may have changed stuff.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There should be power and coax. This is probably a long cable connected to the camera. The joint is probably somewhere in the soffit.

Sent from my new phone. Autocorrect may have changed stuff.
You know, it was shoved in a soffit. I will have to see if I can pull it through. Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it is shoved in the soffit somewhere LOL.

What is your plan converting from coax to IP? I assume you mean switching out the cameras and going to IP cameras, in which case you will need an adapter or run new cable.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, it is shoved in the soffit somewhere LOL.

What is your plan converting from coax to IP? I assume you mean switching out the cameras and going to IP cameras, in which case you will need an adapter or run new cable.
I'm converting them. I've already purchased the adapters :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm converting them. I've already purchased the adapters :)
Sweet - I used a couple of adapters on a few hard to reach runs when I converted - works nice!