Do I need to "activate" DeepStack?

bokenrosie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I feel like I am jumping in on bleeding edge of this cool new AI feature but I'd really like to up my game since the Ring camera is so much better than my BI (surely my settings to try to weed out false positives). Thank you GentlePumpkin for your work on this.

So I installed DeepStack on a docker in my UnRaid box (something about being able to autostart resonated with me.

When I go to the WebUI I see the "get activation key" page. I believe some folks on the Facebook group said not needed to activate but since things are not working I figured I would ask here.

I went to AI tab in Blue Iris and added the host and port there but the "start" button did not work.

I know DeepStack is running since I get their "get activation key" page. Does that mean it's working? Or do I need to figure out how to get the key?

Really, figure out because I cannot seem to find it. :)

TIA for the help folks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you trying the DeepStack integration with Blue Iris that needs to be installed locally on the c drive or for the gpu (not in a docker) OR the Gentlepumkin 3rd party add-on?

These are two separate things - both use DeepStack, but one is integrated with Blue Iris and the other isn't and runs in Docker (but works with Blue Iris just not integrated with check boxes, etc.)...

From the help file for DeepStack that is integrated with Blue Iris:

DeepStack
DeepStack is an exciting open-source technology for recognizing objects, scenes and faces.
To make use of this integration with Blue Iris, you must first install DeepStack:

You may choose between the standard CPU version, or you may experiment with versions
designed for your specific GPU. It’s recommended that you stick to the default installation
folder C:\DeepStack. You don’t need to bother with additional instructions on that page, as
Blue Iris will handle running DeepStack for you automatically and will do model and mode
selection for you automatically as well. The port number specified must not be the same as
your Blue Iris port and must not be in-use by any other system software.

To get the DeepStack Integration working that is in Blue Iris, you simply download the DeepStack file and install it - no need to open or run it as Blue Iris takes care of the rest...

Last edited:

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you trying the DeepStack integration with Blue Iris that needs to be installed locally on the c drive or for the gpu (not in a docker) OR the Gentlepumkin 3rd party add-on?

These are two separate things - both use DeepStack, but one is integrated with Blue Iris and the other isn't and runs in Docker (but works with Blue Iris just not integrated with check boxes, etc.)...

From the help file for DeepStack that is integrated with Blue Iris:

DeepStack
DeepStack is an exciting open-source technology for recognizing objects, scenes and faces.
To make use of this integration with Blue Iris, you must first install DeepStack:

You may choose between the standard CPU version, or you may experiment with versions
designed for your specific GPU. It’s recommended that you stick to the default installation
folder C:\DeepStack. You don’t need to bother with additional instructions on that page, as
Blue Iris will handle running DeepStack for you automatically and will do model and mode
selection for you automatically as well. The port number specified must not be the same as
your Blue Iris port and must not be in-use by any other system software.

To get the DeepStack Integration working that is in Blue Iris, you simply download the DeepStack file and install it - no need to open or run it as Blue Iris takes care of the rest...
Have a question on the CPU and the GPU is there or could there be a significant diff. In these ? Here is a snap shot of my desktop what you recommend I go with GPU or CPU?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have the HP in both you could try either one. For simplistic sake, the CPU one is the easiest, but several folks are trying the GPU version over in this thread to see if it provides any improvements or enhancements:

GrahamR

n3wb
Reaction score
So I installed DeepStack on a docker in my UnRaid box (something about being able to autostart resonated with me.

When I go to the WebUI I see the "get activation key" page. I believe some folks on the Facebook group said not needed to activate but since things are not working I figured I would ask here.

I went to AI tab in Blue Iris and added the host and port there but the "start" button did not work.
you shouldn’t need an activation key anymore. I would kill that docker and repull

im using the following and it’s working great (pinned to a specific cpu build for testing)

deepquestai/deepstack:cpu-2021.02.1

from there, in the ai tab you put in the up and port. Faces doesn’t seem to work, but the actual oddest detection works

pcunite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Blue Iris server does not have internet access. Does DeepStack need to access the internet?