DMSS & Push Notifications

Reaction score
That’s a whole different problem for me, if the test works in the email section of the NVR they work reliably and the router logs an outgoing hit on port 587 to gmail. If the test fails there’s nothing in the log like the NVR didn’t even try to send one

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you need BI to do this? Push notifications seem really unreliable/delayed for me.
BI is a totally separate NVR that uses a Windows computer and the software Blue Iris as the VMS system. One does not need an NVR to use BI and vice versa. He does not have BI.

NoTea

n3wb
Reaction score
BI is a totally separate NVR that uses a Windows computer and the software Blue Iris as the VMS system. One does not need an NVR to use BI and vice versa. He does not have BI.
Thanks. Hopefully fish can point me in the right direction on how to set it up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the key is him saying "private mail server" as in it is one he controls and is not like a gmail or yahoo or some other available email provider.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So do you have a Dahua NVR? If so setting up email and alerts is pretty straightforward. You should see an SMTP tab under the “Network” menu. Same as setting up your email in whatever Mail client you use daily…

After Email is configured on the NVR, most all Dahua cameras have an option to send an email on any Motion or IVS rule..

NoTea

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, yes I have Dahua NVR. My plan is the point this at the pushover app email address to create push notifications.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahh ok. Well using the pushover app is beyond my knowledge. I was simply saying that old fashioned email alerts from the NVR work well for me.

push alerts only seem to work for me when P2P is enabled

NoTea

n3wb
Reaction score
So do you have a Dahua NVR? If so setting up email and alerts is pretty straightforward. You should see an SMTP tab under the “Network” menu. Same as setting up your email in whatever Mail client you use daily…

After Email is configured on the NVR, most all Dahua cameras have an option to send an email on any Motion or IVS rule..
So I’ve set this up now however I get 2 emails. One for “tripwire” and then another for “tripwire clear”. Is this what you get? I prefer just to get the one initial email.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes thats how Dahua handles email alerts.

You're best bet is to create an email rule that trashes the 2nd "clear" email