DMSS playback not allowing me to filter the NVR AI IVS...

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DMSS playback not allowing me to filter the NVR AI IVS.

When I go to playback/filter/AI Smart I am not getting any results. The NVR is Dahua NVR5208-EI and everything works localy on the NVR AI search and regular search.

Have they not updated the DMSS app to be able to filter the onboard NVR AI yet or am I doing something wrong?

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any updates to this? I seem to have the same issue when trying to filter my LPR during the daytime since setting up IVS rules.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm glad I dont update my apps until plenty of time has passed . My January version works fine (V1.99.621). Sounds like they really screwed the pooch with this latest update.

You are sure by playback on the NVR direct or via SmartPSS that they are being recorded?

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm glad I dont update my apps until plenty of time has passed . My January version works fine (V1.99.621). Sounds like they really screwed the pooch with this latest update.

You are sure by playback on the NVR direct or via SmartPSS that they are being recorded?
yes on the NVR itself I can see the IVS triggered events just not on the app

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I asked tier 1 recently and they told me there isn’t a way to get just LPR alerts through DMSS. Which is kind of dumb if I only want to be notified if an ex employee/blacklist registers.

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I was able to figure it out thanks to another user @catcamstar posted the following. See the photo as I saved it as a screenshot. Basically you go into your settings>system>storage tab and tell it to record or save the intelligent recordings for whatever channel you’re wanting. I only want channel 7 as that’s my LPR and I now have recordings “AI smart” on the filter in the app!

I went ahead and did both the “record” and “snapshot” tabs the same way. Everyday with general, motion and intelligent

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes that has to be set to record MD or IVS separate from full time recording. Thats what gives you colored hash marks on your playback timeline.

That why we should always start with the basics when troubleshooting